[SOLVED] Bluetooth Dongle not working at all

Oct 29, 2020
Hello, I just a bought a new bluetooth dongle for my HP mixed reality headset. I plugged it in, tried to connect. Nothing. Not even my bluetooth speaker would show up. Here are some other things I have tried:

• Reinstalling the device.
  • Looking for new drivers.
  • Restarting my PC (Multiple times).
  • Installing 3rd party software, by Soiloil or something similar to that.
  • Using a usb 2.0 socket, as I have heard that usb 3.0 can interfere with things.
  • Unplugging the entire headset.

Is there anything else I can try to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Mitch

Solution
From the link you provided:

"Connect a wide variety of popular Bluetooth® devices to your PC, including modern Bluetooth® Low Energy devices. "

Caveat being "wide variety" - no guarantees with respect to any specific devices.

When you mentioned reinstalling and looking for new drivers did you get those driver's via the linked website?

Do you see the Bluetooth Dongle in Device Manager?

Look in Reliability History - any error codes, warnings, or even informational events logged when the connection failures occurred?

Take a closer look at how you are going about the pairing process.

For example:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-and-why-use-bluetooth-on-windows-10

You can find other similar links via the search...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model Bluetooth dongle?

Is the Bluetooth dongle you purchased a replacement for a dongle that came with the HP headset?

Any other known working Bluetooth devices on your computer?

Have you tried the dongle and headset on another known working computer?

Oct 29, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model Bluetooth dongle?

Is the Bluetooth dongle you purchased a replacement for a dongle that came with the HP headset?

Any other known working Bluetooth devices on your computer?

Have you tried the dongle and headset on another known working computer?

The dongle is a XC-4956, You find them here: https://www.jaycar.com.au/usb2-0-bluetooth-v4-0-class-2-dongle/p/XC4956

My current specs are:
i5-6600k
R9 380
I'm unsure of the windows version, but the update it's currently on had the mixed reality portal.
16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz

The headset doesn't come with a dongle. So I had to buy one.
If I wasn't clear, I can get the computer to search for bluetooth devices, but nothing comes up. From speakers to the hand controllers. Nothing.

No I haven't tried on another computer as of yet. All of my other computers have bluetooth.

Ralston18

Titan

"Connect a wide variety of popular Bluetooth® devices to your PC, including modern Bluetooth® Low Energy devices. "

Caveat being "wide variety" - no guarantees with respect to any specific devices.

When you mentioned reinstalling and looking for new drivers did you get those driver's via the linked website?

Look in Reliability History - any error codes, warnings, or even informational events logged when the connection failures occurred?

For example:

You can find other similar links via the search engine(s) of your choice.

Oct 29, 2020

For example:

You can find other similar links via the search engine(s) of your choice.

I fixed the issue, it seems that USB3 messes with the bluetooth dongle. Works perfectly fine on a USB2.0 port.

Solution
Sep 13, 2020
I fixed the issue, it seems that USB3 messes with the bluetooth dongle. Works perfectly fine on a USB2.0 port.
Yes it definitely makes a difference if you use the USB 3 and it worked the tracking would be very jittery. Switching to usb 2 helps out alot with that.i also use an extension wire to bring the dongle away from the pc and closer to my playspace.

Another wmr tip make sure there is plenty of light in he room and objects on the walls for the cameras to track the floor too, a rug with a pattern on it will be better than a wood floor. I put a light under my desk to illuminate th e floor.

TRENDING THREADS