Question Bluetooth not showing in Windows 10 Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal_78

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016
Hey All, experiencing an issue where i cannot find my bluetooth adaptor in device manager. I have a DELL XPS 15 9560 and although i cannot remember if i've actually used bluetooth on it since i've had it (since 2017) i find it hard to believe the laptop doesn't come with an adaptor. DELLs support tools are useless, though the website does point me toward "Killer Wireless AC 1535 and 1435 Bluetooth Driver" when entering my service tag, and browsing recommended drivers. installing it has not done a thing.

I can also see in BIOS there is an option to allow the quick-key (Fn+Antenna button) to control either/or bluetooth controller or wifi. I have set this to bluetooth only and hasn't made any difference.

Device manager shows no sign of bluetooth adaptor, although i have a number of weird WAN Miniport things >>> device manager

I also ran DELLs support utility, (God only knows why) needless to say it was about as much help as lazer sight for a blind man.

Windows Update tells me everything is up to date and i have set all Bluetooth services i could find to Auto. Again nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated, i just haven't come across this kind of issue before. I wonder if there is a bluetooth card or similar connected via a PCI (or laptop equivalent) port on the mobo? or would it be soldered in? Again Dells overview of my laptop specs were underwhelming to say the least

Lutfij

Titan
it was about as much help as lazer sight for a blind man.
Miracles do happen, you know...?

Jokes aside, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. I'd like to suggest that you try and see if the hotkeys on your laptop are able to enable the BT module on the laptop.

Using the Device Manager screenshot you'd provided above, as well as running Dell Wireless 1560 in Google lead me to this;
https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=20035
so you indeed have a wireless adapter that has both WiFi and BT connectivity. It's possible that the BT end of the adapter might've conked out or your OS might've glitched to render it useless. The latter of which could be solved by recreating your OS installer and installing the OS afresh. Please keep in mind you're advised to download all necessary drivers onto a pen drive prior to reinstalling the OS and then install all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Before you do reinstall your OS, make sure to backup all critical data and then check to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending.

Perhaps try this;
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=5kh8p
and see how it goes.

Mal_78

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016
Hi @Lutfij

The OS reinstall is not going to be possible as i am overseas for the next 3 months. Though i will try it when im back in UK. I was hoping there would be ANY other suggestion.

Miracles do happen, you know...?
Indeed i do, Anthony Fauci still breathing and not on death row is testament to that!

as well as running Dell Wireless 1560 in Google lead me to this
I'm presuming you meant Dell Wireless 9560 right? typo?

I'd like to suggest that you try and see if the hotkeys on your laptop are able to enable the BT module on the laptop.
Yes i have tried that in every which way i could, all configurations but didn't make a difference. I was trying to say that in my original message, english is not my strong-point.

It would seem the only next viable step is to do the reinstall as you suggest with elevated command prompt. Will do once im back home and report back here albeit in a quarter of a years time! Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS