[SOLVED] Bluetooth not working in a PCIe slot ?

Jul 27, 2021
I have a Dell Optiplex 7070 SFF running Fedora. I have an Intel network card ax210 installed in the m.2 slot and it works, the only problem was that cables for antenas were too short and the only solution that I thought was to buy a PCIe adaptor and use the card in the PCIe slot.

Now the Bluetooth is not working, when I open the Bluetooth settings it says 'Plug in a dongle to use Bluetooth'. Wifi works.

I don't know where the problem is, is it software? is hardware? I have installed the Intel drivers.

Solution
That is a interesting card last time I looked nobody had them in stock, well at least none that I could really be sure were not fakes shipped directly from china.

This really is on the edge of my knowledge so I maybe wrong. Many wifi pcie cards have a USB port that you must connect to your motherboard for bluetooth to work. The wifi cards you directly slot into motherboards somehow handle the bluetooth without a extra cable. Check to see if the adapter board has a USB port and use a short able to connect it.
That is a interesting card last time I looked nobody had them in stock, well at least none that I could really be sure were not fakes shipped directly from china.

This really is on the edge of my knowledge so I maybe wrong. Many wifi pcie cards have a USB port that you must connect to your motherboard for bluetooth to work. The wifi cards you directly slot into motherboards somehow handle the bluetooth without a extra cable. Check to see if the adapter board has a USB port and use a short able to connect it.

Solution
Jul 27, 2021

You have a point here, I connect that cable from the beginning, I thought is only for power, now I need to be sure that is working ...how to check if the pins are ok ?.