Question Bluetooth problem W10

brutzza

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
Hi, people.
I have a client with a Samsung NP300E5E, HDD W8.1 and a BT Headset Sony WH-CH510 working just fine, slow because of the HDD but the BT headsets ok.
I've upgraded it to a SSD and W10, and the BT stopped working. It doesn't find me any device.
In settings I click on "Add BT or other device", then the black windows appears, I choose the first option (I've tried with the three options later) and it stays there, doesn't find me anything.
The drivers are ok in Device Manager, the service of BT is running ok (services.msc). I got the lastest updates from W10, updated the drivers of BT, the problem continues.
I even change the Wi Fi card for other 4 (four) I have. With one of the Wi Fi cards, the Sony headsets appears in the black window when you add a BT device, but doesn't connect. With the other Wi Fi cards the BT is off, maybe are old Wi Fi cards and doesn't support BT.
I also installed W8.1 again to leave that OS, as I knew that with that OS the BT was working, but for my surprise, doesn't work.
So in the end I have a notebook working just fine but can't get to work the BT, I just don't know what else to try.
The headsets in 2 (two) other notebooks work just fine. I've also tried another BT device but same problem as descripted above.
If anyone has another idea I could try, I've be glad to read.

Thanks in advance.

brutzza

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
if your current bluetooth stack is causing you issues in windows (nothing uncommon), then you will need to try few different driver versions
preferably start with driver from samsung
Just in case you're interested, or somebody else, I installed Windows 10 Home and it worked just fine.
As I wanted to be sure, I reinstalled the Pro version and didn't work.
So I went back again to Home and worked again.
Solved.