Bluetooth went missing from Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello.

Short Version:

The Bluetooth functionality on my brother's Laptop is gone and we can't seem to bring it back.

Already tried:

-Rebooting;
-Removing devices;
-Removing and Reinstalling manufacturer's drivers;
-Windows 10 Reinstall with "Keep my files" route;

Long Version:

After a Steam Game my brother was trying to play crashed,the Bluetooth function of his PC(Used to hook up Dualshock 4) stopped working.

The first thing we noticed was that the actual Bluetooth toggle went missing from the Windows Settings,and also from the Action Centre.

Weirdly,the Bluetooth tab still exists in Devices,listing known devices,the "add new" button as normal,but no toggle.

Trying to connect results in failure.

Later on,we went to device manager in order to attempt rolling back the drivers,but the Bluetooth tab was gone,although,after enabling the displaying of hidden ones,the Bluetooth tab showed up.

Listing all known devices,some Windows related ones,but I don't remember seeing the actual driver(Which I BELIEVE to be Atheros).

After uninstalling the Wireless Controller one,the entire tab vanished.

We went to the manufacturer's driver source to get new ones,they didn't made a good job on making it clear,since they hosted 3 or 4 different bluetooth drivers from different manufacturers in the page for a single model.

Knowing that the Wi-fi one is Atheros,that was our best guess.

It installed properly and everything.
It affects the Wifi(Apparently it is a single setup for both bluetooth and Wi-fi),but nothing
happens in the Bluetooth side of things.

Nothing made the driver show up in device manager or bring the toggle back.
We just reinstalled Win10 but the situation is the same.

I hope someone have any ideas,quite annoying situation.

Thanks in advance.

Laptop Info:

Acer Aspire E5-471;
Running Windows 10.

Jan 23, 2019
I had a similar problem and ended up in this thread. I managed to fix it, so for people with Bluetooth disappearing from the device manager: try this.

I found out that the ps3 controller app Scptoolkit constantly force installed a Bluetooth driver that didn't work. This is how I fixed it:
1. Open scptoolkit settings manager (you can just press the windows key and type scp).
2. Under the "service settings" tab, uncheck "force Bluetooth driver installation".
3. Open windows device manager.
4. Activate "show hidden devices"
5. Look for "libusbK". There you can see which drivers scptoolkit have installed.
6. In libusbK is the Bluetooth device (in my case it is a intel Bluetooth device).
7. Click on update the Bluetooth driver and restart your computer.
8. Done!

I hope this will be helpful for someone with this problem.

/Bo

Apr 13, 2021
I had a similar problem and ended up in this thread. I managed to fix it, so for people with Bluetooth disappearing from the device manager: try this.

I found out that the ps3 controller app Scptoolkit constantly force installed a Bluetooth driver that didn't work. This is how I fixed it:
  1. Open scptoolkit settings manager (you can just press the windows key and type scp).
  2. Under the "service settings" tab, uncheck "force Bluetooth driver installation".
  3. Open windows device manager.
  4. Activate "show hidden devices"
  5. Look for "libusbK". There you can see which drivers scptoolkit have installed.
  6. In libusbK is the Bluetooth device (in my case it is a intel Bluetooth device).
  7. Click on update the Bluetooth driver and restart your computer.
  8. Done!

I hope this will be helpful for someone with this problem.

/Bo

You just saved me a lot of time. Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.