bmlevey

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
After a bit of an aggresive OC, my rig failed to boot.
My rig consists of:
e8500 wolfie
msi p45 platinum
gtx 260
need anything else post it...

Flashing either did not work or was not the problem, because the monitor is still solid black (can get a no signal box). The CD drive opens, the fans run, lights work. The error code (the LEDs on the mobo) represents "Testing onboard memory size. The D-LED will hang if the memory module is damaged or not installed properly." The RAM is pushed all the way in, and no leaks in the water cooling tubing. Ideas? Help! Thanks a lot.

Oh, yeah, and I tried unplugging it and powering it on while it was unplugged, then plugging it in and flashing again...
THANKS

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
OK... How did you flash with no monitor?

I assume that you cleared CMOS.

Do you have a mobo speaker, did you get one beep? Does the OS appear to load after post e.g., HD light flashes like in a normal load, or does it all go silent after the post, assuming it's actually completing POST?

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Does the HD light "LED" flicker as though it's loading the OS or just turn on and then off?

In either case remove all the RAM and reset the CMOS with the pins on the mobo. Boot it up, then turn it off and replace one stick of RAM and boot again. See what you get.

calinkula

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Hopefully you just fried some RAM. With an aggressive OC using a high FSB and high voltage on the northbridge (the P45 chip set) you may have nuked the memory controller that resides within. Doing such would require replacement of the mobo.