Status
Not open for further replies.

roshchind

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
hi my computer keeps saying BOOTMGR is missing and it keeps telling me to restart but brings up the same message, can you help me?

Use the Vista installation DVD repair prompt. Boot the system to the Vista installation DVD. To do this in BIOS set the first boot device to DVD and save and exit.

1. Put the Windows Vista installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.
2. Press a key when you are prompted.
3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
4. Click Repair your computer.
5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.
7. Restart the computer.

List the system specs. Is this a prebuilt system like DELL? The method I listed is using a stand alone Vista installation DVD. You need to get to the repair console using a Vista installation DVD. The system needs to be booted 'started' to the DVD like I described.

roshchind

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
ok, so i put the first disk in the computer it takes me to a screen which says windows boot manager then it has two options (windows setup Ems enabled) and ( windows memory diagnostic) i choose the first one, then the computer loads some files and takes me to a screen that says please select an option (toshiba recovery wizard and system recovery options) i select the system recovery options. it then asks me to select a language and a key boad layout i select english and us keyboard layout, then it takes me to a screen that says select an operating system to repair and click next, but there are no operating systems to select from, and at the bottom it says if you do not see your operating system listed click load drivers to load drivers for your hard disk and this is where i dont know what to do???

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Try this, maybe works for you.

Open "System Recovery Options" on the repair disk, or OS disk.
Open up the Command Prompt.Try typing the following commands in order:
1- bootrec /fixmbr and hit enter
2- bootrec /fixboot and hit enter
3- bootrec /rebuildbdc and hit enter

Reboot your PC and try to boot again.

bella420

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010

i have this same problem, did you get it fixed and if so how?

Status
Not open for further replies.