[SOLVED] Bought a new monitor and a specific games causes by pc to shutdown completely. Help?

PCTDROOD

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2016
Okay so recently I went from two screen of 720p and 1080p to 1080p (60hz) and 1440p (144hz). Ever since whenever I start up Dead by Daylight my pc shuts down entirely in the booting menu right before I can go to the main menu. I have put on Squadrons, The Witcher 3, and other games on the highest possible settings and those did not cause a shutdown, which leads me to believe my PSU is fine.

Specs:
i7-6700k (not OC, has ext. cooler)
GTX 1070 (not OC)
16 GB RAM (2 x 8)
256 GB SSD
2 x 1 TB HDD
700watt PSU

I have also tried running the game on the 1080p monitor and then it didn't crash, so I believe it's the load whenever DBD is about to start that is telling my pc it has to shut down. Temps are fine. I've run Steam as admin. I've reinstalled the game several times. I've checked EasyAntiCheat. I've updated my graphics drivers. I've changed power settings to both balanced and high performance, but to no avail. I really don't think the PSU is guilty here even though it may look like it and I'm leaning toward something with DBD software (heavy load booting) and not liking my new 1440p 144hz monitor..

Please help...

Solution
Okay so recently I went from two screen of 720p and 1080p to 1080p (60hz) and 1440p (144hz). Ever since whenever I start up Dead by Daylight my pc shuts down entirely in the booting menu right before I can go to the main menu. I have put on Squadrons, The Witcher 3, and other games on the highest possible settings and those did not cause a shutdown, which leads me to believe my PSU is fine.

Specs:
GTX 1070 (not OC)
16 GB RAM (2 x 8)
256 GB SSD
2 x 1 TB HDD
700watt PSU

I have also tried running the game on the 1080p monitor and then it didn't crash, so I believe it's the load whenever DBD is about to start that is telling my pc it has to shut down. Temps are fine. I've run Steam as admin. I've...
Oct 8, 2020

Specs:
GTX 1070 (not OC)
16 GB RAM (2 x 8)
256 GB SSD
2 x 1 TB HDD
700watt PSU

I have also tried running the game on the 1080p monitor and then it didn't crash, so I believe it's the load whenever DBD is about to start that is telling my pc it has to shut down. Temps are fine. I've run Steam as admin. I've reinstalled the game several times. I've checked EasyAntiCheat. I've updated my graphics drivers. I've changed power settings to both balanced and high performance, but to no avail. I really don't think the PSU is guilty here even though it may look like it and I'm leaning toward something with DBD software (heavy load booting) and not liking my new 1440p 144hz monitor..

Please help...
Something is not compatible with your high resolution game. It can be the PSU. I don't know which brand's PSU you are using. Does it get hot or something while playing?

Solution