• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Brand new AMD Ryzen 1700X build high cpu usage with Windows 10. NEED HELP!

Ryan Reynolds

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014
Hello everyone! I just build my new ryzen 1700x build tonight and love it but there is one issue, my cpu usage is anywhere from 70% to 90% at all times and I can't figure out why.
my system specs
AMD Ryzen 1700x no oc
Asus ROG Crosshair 6 hero
EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
Seasonic titanium prime 850w
Corsair vengeance led 32gb 3000 mhz currently at 2133
cooler master maker 5
samsung 960 evo ssd
wd blue 1tb
fractal design Celsius s24

Here is a picture what it looks like. As you can see it is just a bunch of normal programs that are installed that anyone would have on their gaming PC.
http://imgur.com/gallery/duoQV
I never had this issue with my old PC which had an AMD FX 9590 in it or my MSI gaming laptop with an i7 7700HQ. While I was typing this I plugged in some headphones to listen to some music and the CPU usage went way down to around 7, but went all the way back up again. I have looked into the issue as I thought that it might be the audio driver, but I wasn't able to find anything that would cause that. I have also restarted my computer a few times and uninstalled Asus Ai suite as I thought that might be the issue is some ways, but it isn't either. I have also run a virus scan with avast just to be sure there was nothing and there wasn't especially since the computer has only been up for few hours. I can't really think of anything else it might be. If anyone has any ideas of what it might be please let me know as I would be extremely appreciative of it. Thanks!

Ryan Reynolds

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014

Sorry for the late response. The issue was a corrupt driver for my Focusrite Solo audio interface. just reinstalled it and it worked again.