Question Broken GPU pins cause of No video input?

laur_2001

Prominent
Mar 3, 2018
Pc been working ok until this morning when i tried to start it and i got the next message on the monitor: "No video input, Enter sleep mode", i plugged the cable in the integrated motherboard gpu and it works. I looked around in the bios and it was set for dedicated GPU so everything ok, i even reset bios to default and also disconnected the motherboard battery and put it back in after a while, i also reset bios from inside the computer using that little pin thing, nothing worked.
The thing is, this exact thing happened like 6 months ago, at that time nothing seemed to work and i gave up but one day i randomly stuck the cable back in the dedicated GPU and it worked like nothing happened, back then I also discovered an exploit of some kind that is whenever i powered off the computer from the PSU the computer woud switch from integrated gpu to dedicated gpu, but then it just went back to normal and it stayed on the dedicated gpu until now.

This fix didn't work this time tho, and i took a look inside the dedicated gpu and i noticed that 2 pins (1 on each side and at opposite ends almost) are broken at half almost, could that be the problem causing this? Also could anybody explain how 6 months ago when did happen before it started working again for no reason? It's a very strange problem honestly, ty and sorry for readers because i know this is confusing.

edit: just googled the broken pin problem and saw that they are supposed to be like that, so that rules out this cause but what could be the issue then?

laur_2001

Prominent
Mar 3, 2018
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
processor: AMD FX(TM): 6300 Six core
gpu: ASUS AMD Radeon r7 260 X DC20C 1GD5
ram: 1 4GB stick
motherboard: ASROCk 960gm-vgs3 FX DDR3 1866
hard drive: WD 1TB
psu: i have no ideea. the only thing that says on it is DATE:2012-2013-2014
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
the pc was bought in 2015 prebuilt from a retailer.