simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
Howdy! So I was searching the used market, as usual, then I came across this GPU: MSI Aerio ITX GTX 1060 6gb OC version for UNDER 40$. Sounds crazy, right? Yeah, for me too. Now here's the thing...the owner says the GPU is broken since he changed the Motherboard and now it won't give any signal. However, he also says that it boots to the Windows, but the screen is black. Should I buy it? I am not an expert, I am not a newbie though, but I am more than sure the motherboard has nothing to do with that problem and maybe in the building or in the replacing process he somehow damaged the card.....maybe.
What are your thoughts?

I own a B350 DS3H V2 Motherboard if that helps

Solution
You shouldn't be buying such a card, which has already been used before, and despite all this, the GPU is faulty/broken as the previous owner says. Should you be buying such a card ? NO, at least in my opinion.

40$ sounds fishy to me though. Is the card still under Warranty ? Why should anyone buy a GPU that is broken, and displays a Black screen as well ? But I digress.
You shouldn't be buying such a card, which has already been used before, and despite all this, the GPU is faulty/broken as the previous owner says. Should you be buying such a card ? NO, at least in my opinion.

40$ sounds fishy to me though. Is the card still under Warranty ? Why should anyone buy a GPU that is broken, and displays a Black screen as well ? But I digress.

Last edited:
Solution

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
You shouldn't be buying such a card, which has already been used before, and despite all this, the GPU is faulty/broken as the previous owner says. Should be buying such a card ? NO, at least in my opinion.

[/QUOTI
You shouldn't be buying such a card, which has already been used before, and despite all this, the GPU is faulty/broken as the previous owner says. Should be buying such a card ? NO, at least in my opinion.

If I think twice, I should not buy it, just a waste of money, I was not even planning to use it in my own rig... But my question is: Why the card broke after he changed the motherboard?