Mar 11, 2021
I downloaded Google Chrome after resetting my laptop, it worked normally for about a day and then randomly closed itself. When I try to open it, it opens for about a second then closes itself. Microsoft edge still worked so I downloaded Firefox. Firefox is able to open but it won't search. I tried resetting my laptop again and Chrome worked for about 10 minutes and then the same thing happened. I tried updating to the newest version of windows 10 which didn't help, but since updating even Microsoft edge will not open, it just says "Microsoft edge has stopped working." It's an Asus laptop if that matters.

Does anyone know what caused this or how it could be fixed?

Oct 26, 2020
So just to be sure, it does properly connect to the internet right? Do Windows Key + R and type cmd then press enter.
Type ping google.com press enter

take a picture of the results

Yes it connects. Apps such as Spotify, work fine.
And here is the picture
Disable ipv6.

disable-ipv6.jpg

Oct 26, 2020
Mar 11, 2021
Try using the data here to create a crash log for Google Chrome. Let me know where you get stuck.

https://www.chromium.org/for-testers/bug-reporting-guidelines/reporting-crash-bug

But first, right click on a blank space in the taskbar:
Imaged Here
Click More Details:
Imaged Here
Click Details Tab:
Imaged Here
If you see chrome.exe, it means it's running.

I'd also like to see what the performance tab looks like, can I have a screenshot of that?

Sorry for not responding sooner.

Chrome.exe only appears when I open chrome but it goes away as soon as chrome closes. Which is usually after about 3-4 seconds.

Here is the performance tab

I Just tried doing "Windows can be configured to log crash reports to %localappdata%\crashdumps, by using regedit to create the key (registry folder) "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps"

But there is no "LocalDumps" line

I've also tried doing

"You can capture a minidump file using windbg.exe"

But it just says "debugee not connected."