Jun 15, 2024
I got a new computer and I hadn't tried playing Elden Ring until today. My old pc never had this issue. But whenever I try opening Elden Ring, it also has the EAC, and when the bar for it finishes to 100%, it gives me the BSOD. I tried reinstalling the game, and it gave me a "disk write error" right at the end of the installation. But the first time I installed Elden Ring, it didn't give me the error but still gave me the BSOD.

I searched potential fixes, such as trying to reinstall EAC, but it opens for half a second and immediately closes right afterwards. Help please!

Specs:
Intel Core i9-12900K Alder Lake 3.2GHz
ASUS Z790-V Prime WiFi Intel LGA 1700
G.Skill Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Super Dual White
Corsair RM850e 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX

I got a new computer and I hadn't tried playing Elden Ring until today. My old pc never had this issue. But whenever I try opening Elden Ring, it also has the EAC, and when the bar for it finishes to 100%, it gives me the BSOD. I tried reinstalling the game, and it gave me a "disk write error" right at the end of the installation. But the first time I installed Elden Ring, it didn't give me the error but still gave me the BSOD.

I searched potential fixes, such as trying to reinstall EAC, but it opens for half a second and immediately closes right afterwards. Help please!

Specs:
Intel Core i9-12900K Alder Lake 3.2GHz
ASUS Z790-V Prime WiFi Intel LGA 1700
G.Skill Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Super Dual White
Corsair RM850e 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX
Hey there,

Is it only that one game that crashes like that?

Presuming system drivers, bios are up to date?

Test your memory using memtest86+ and make sure it passes with no errors (4 passes is better, but 2 passes will do for quick troubleshooting). This can take a while so better run it over night.

Edit: My own experience of EA Anti Cheat/Easy AntiCHeat is crap. It causes many issues, and one in particular for me was BF2042.