[SOLVED] BSOD Everytime I use certain programs or playing games

Feb 2, 2020
I have an HP OMEN 15-ax210nr laptop, and I have been having this problem for several months already. I would get BSODs between 1-5 minutes playing games or randomly whenever using certain programs. The only way for me to fix this is to reinstall Windows 10, and even then it would only last for a certain amount of time (varying from a week to a month) before the same issue starts occurring again, and no, simply reinstalling the current or an older nvidia driver only fixes it until I restart or turn off the laptop.

Stop code: VIDEO-TDR-FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

The thing is that I noticed that this can get worse or better with new windows updates. I disabled all windows updates around December and haven't had any issues until the "mandatory" windows update that was pushed by Microsoft on Jan 15.

Minidump because I'm not tech savvy enough to understand most of its contents: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhYfcNVaHVQxauT_dONmRIbxi1w

HP OMEN 15t 2017
CPU: i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz
GPU: GTX 1050ti
RAM: Crucial 16GB DDR4 2400 MT/S

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2020
It's an HP OMEN 15-ax210nr and yes I've tried the clean uninstall with DDU but it doesn't solve the problem, just like a regular gpu uninstall and then a reinstall it only fixes the problem temporarily (and even then it can still randomly BSOD) until I restart or turn off the laptop and the BSODs will persist, it's a vicious cycle.

Feb 2, 2020
I would suggest to update the BIOS to version F.53.
Although the updates are mainly for improving security with the CPU, it's not unheard of that an update could also fix other problems along the way.
Funnily enough, I actually did do that before you suggested it, unfortunately that didn't do anything either to fix the problem :(

Feb 2, 2020
Feb 2, 2020
Tried this the day you suggested it and no crashes so far, I guess since laptop gpu's are structured different new drivers won't always be compatable and you just gotta stick to manufacturer exclusive drivers then. Thanks for your help and patience! :D