hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Hi guys, I'm currently using windows 10 version 1909 updated to the latest version.

I was downloading some file via torrent (20.1 GB), after some time from downloading i got a BSOD error code written on the thread title.

I updated windows to latest version (its already but just made sure form), updated QBittorrent to latest version, run sfc/ scannow, checked HDDs for errors (nothing) but same problem still getting, only getting while downloading torrent, me even tried to download some other file (8.15 GB) and got the same BSOD.

I run WhoCrashed app to check for BSOD reason, that's what i got:

On Sat 2020-11-21 1:14:41 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112120-32656-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C3B20)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF87875C7D2520, 0xFFFF87875C7D2478, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Its same msg i keep receiving always.

So any help please?

Last edited:
Solution
Well, I'm using USB adapter in order to connect to the internet, its already has the latest version of update.
To be more honest, its old one, but it works so good, i never had such a single problem with:
Model Name: TL-WN422G

So what do you expect?
Slow device there were 3 versions of chips in it. Last hardware upgrade was in 2009. The device will drop packets when you push it hard. If the driver made a mistake and attempted to free a network packet that it had dropped it would cause this bug check. You should try a different device. If you buy a new one Google the name of the device with the word chipset then you can find out when the hardware was released. The standards for USB were changed over the years. I think...
I would have to look at your actual memory dump to be sure of the cause but this particular bugcheck would happen if you had a bug in your network driver where it released the same memory location twice. the first release of the memory block would work as expected (success) the second would cause this bugcheck. Windows would think it is an attack on the system and shut down.

this type of problem is more common on a wireless ethernet driver but it can be any network driver that was being used (bluetooth, wireless lan or wired lan) this type of problem often occurs when your run bittorrent software since so many small memory blocks are being used/released all while the program runs.

Just as a guess as to a fix: I would just look for updated network drivers for your system.

There can be other causes of this but it is really hard to say without actually looking at the memory dump. ( example, usb wireless cards can have issues in the usb port that require updates to the BIOS firmware to fix)

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
There can be other causes of this but it is really hard to say without actually looking at the memory dump. ( example, usb wireless cards can have issues in the usb port that require updates to the BIOS firmware to fix)

Well, I'm using USB adapter in order to connect to the internet, its already has the latest version of update.
To be more honest, its old one, but it works so good, i never had such a single problem with:

So what do you expect?

So what do you expect?
Slow device there were 3 versions of chips in it. Last hardware upgrade was in 2009. The device will drop packets when you push it hard. If the driver made a mistake and attempted to free a network packet that it had dropped it would cause this bug check. You should try a different device. If you buy a new one Google the name of the device with the word chipset then you can find out when the hardware was released. The standards for USB were changed over the years. I think April of 2012 was a major change cut off date that required your bios to be modified. This means various issues if you use a new machine with USB devices older than 2012. There are different issues if you plug the device into a USB 3.x port different bios change dates also.

Solution