Question Buddy ram clocks in at 2100mhz

MimeCA

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
So my friends ram is clocking at 2100mhz during a pc benchmark .com benchmark, sometimes his system hangs he has a completely new pc just built today, what could be causing this?
This is his build
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NoWards/saved/G7twhM
He has his ram in the 2nd and 4th slot, I believe he doesnt have xmp enabled in bios. Not sure if he needs to do a bios update, any help would be appreciated!

MimeCA

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
I believe he did is there specific drivers for ram? Is there anyway to check? Or is there a way to know if his ram is faulty? Appreciate ur advice he just finished building it a couple hours ago

lol,ok, then i'd suggest you dont do anything until you've had some sleep... But, firstly i'd check to see what bios version he has.I'd enable the xmp in bios to see if it will run stable at 3600mhz. But i really would advise to hold off on updating the bios until someone more experienced can advise you,(im unfamiliar with that motherboard,) as you are probably aware, if you make a mistake while updating the bios, it can totally brick your board.

MimeCA

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
When I try to upgrade the bios I go to the asus website and extract the bios file into a USB but the rename tool isn't in there, and I dont know how to download via dhcp

MimeCA

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
I know how to update a bios im just getting the download file is not a proper file error, and I dont see the option to download the file via internet when I go to ez flash, we have enabled xmp in bios, he's on bios version 2407

Reactions: kurdtnz

MimeCA

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
according to a search it says I have to rename the file to something else and when I extract it it should come with a rename tool already but there isn't one in the folder and I can't find the page in the mobo manual to rename the file too.