Build Advice Budget desktop workstation for UE4/UE5 game development and scene renderings in Blender ?

isaac_alizai666

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2014
Hi, guys!
I'm saving up for a powerful workstation that can help me with UE4 game development as well as designing and rendering 3D scenes in Blender as well as doing motion graphics in After Effects.
My current gaming laptop isn't enough and starts slowing up when I run Photoshop and After Effects side-by-side.
I know that laptops aren't built for these kinds of things and that's why I am switching to a desktop and will be using this laptop for other purposes like coding, mini projects (graphics designing), etc.

So, which parts would you guys recommend for a UE4/UE5 game development workstation?
Kindly exclude the mouse, keyboard, and monitor for this one as I already have them and planning on saving some money there.

Thanks!

isaac_alizai666

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2014
What are your current system specs? You will also need to define a budget.
My current laptop specs are as follows:
CPU: Core i7 - 7500U @ 2.70GHz
RAM: 8GB
Int. GPU: Intel HD 620 - 4GB
GPU: AMD Radeon R5 M430 - 6GB

I am willing to spend around 100,000 - 150,000 PKR which is 569.54 - 854.30 USD
If you guys can help me get powerful parts for a cheap price and save money, that'd be great!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You'll have to provide a list of e-tailers you can buy from I think. My insight into the Pakistan and Indian markets is limited.

Still, for that budget, you are likely to be able to find a mid-range i5 (modern i5s are quad cores with hyperthreading), 16GB of memory, some SSD, and a low end discrete graphics card, possibly a GTX1650. If you look at the used market, that should definitely be doable.

TRENDING THREADS