[SOLVED] Building PC for the first time. PC not turning on

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
I think I connected everything. The computer turns on. CPU fan is spinning. Front fan is spinning. The light is ON for the keyboard, USB drive (which contains Windows 10 installation tool), and everywhere.

But my monitor does not display anything even if I connected it with the computer through HDMI. The monitor displays everything clearly when it's connected to my laptop through HDMI. So I think it's not monitor's fault.

My motherboard is Z690. I think Z690 already has the integrated graphics. So even though I didn't install the dedicated GPU yet, there shouldn't be any problem because of that. So what's the problem?

As many youtubers suggest, the first thing to do after building the PC is to boot up the PC while hitting "Delete" key numerous times to enter BIOS. But that doesn't work either. Nothing appears on the monitor. Even "No signal" message does not appear.

Solution
I think I connected everything. The computer turns on. CPU fan is spinning. Front fan is spinning. The light is ON for the keyboard, USB drive (which contains Windows 10 installation tool), and everywhere.

But my monitor does not display anything even if I connected it with the computer through HDMI. The monitor displays everything clearly when it's connected to my laptop through HDMI. So I think it's not monitor's fault.

My motherboard is Z690. I think Z690 already has the integrated graphics. So even though I didn't install the dedicated GPU yet, there shouldn't be any problem because of that. So what's the problem?

As many youtubers suggest, the first thing to do after building the PC is to boot up the PC while hitting...
Aug 3, 2022
Is the monitors power light stay white and not go to amber when you turn the PC on? If it's white it means its getting a signal. Amber means no signal. Possible problem with the onboard graphics. If you can get a hold of a graphics card, install it and see what happens. Make sure the RAM is fully seated too. I have had problems like your if RAM is not fully seated in the slots

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

As many youtubers suggest, the first thing to do after building the PC is to boot up the PC while hitting "Delete" key numerous times to enter BIOS. But that doesn't work either. Nothing appears on the monitor. Even "No signal" message does not appear.
You need to list all the parts used.

The Z690 has no built in graphics, built in graphics depend on the Processor if you bought a F version then no graphics.

Reactions: mujmuj
Solution

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
Is the monitors power light stay white and not go to amber when you turn the PC on? If it's white it means its getting a signal. Amber means no signal. Possible problem with the onboard graphics. If you can get a hold of a graphics card, install it and see what happens. Make sure the RAM is fully seated too. I have had problems like your if RAM is not fully seated in the slots

Monitor power light is blue when I turn on the computer, and it's blinking.

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
You need to list all the parts used.

The Z690 has no built in graphics, built in graphics depend on the Processor if you bought a F version then no graphics.

What do you mean "F version"?

Where can I check if my motherboard has builtin grahpic or not? I read most motherboards these days will have builtin graphics. Z690 is so new.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Where can I check if my motherboard has builtin grahpic or not? I read most motherboards these days will have builtin graphics. Z690 is so new.
What processor did you buy?

And no the board has no built in graphics the processor has to have them.
You can use graphics from the motherboard but it's ran off of the processor.

Edit some examples of F series processors if it has a F in the name then no built in graphics.

Last edited:
Reactions: mujmuj

What is your processor?
A motherboard can only display graphics if the cpu used has integrated graphics capability.

Do you have a discrete graphics card?

A full description of the make/model of all of your parts would be helpful.

Sep 6, 2022
Like Zerk2012 said you need to list all the parts used. Is absolutely essential and makes impossible task easy for others here. Exact model of processor and motherboard are most essential. I have had those problems many times and based on those and if it your first build I would check if memory is properly in....How many times it was memory not fully inserted.... But also that processor being or not F-model must be known. Did you mean have dedicated GPU?
If so you have no real problem after all.

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
What processor did you buy?

And no the board has no built in graphics the processor has to have them.
You can use graphics from the motherboard but it's ran off of the processor.

Edit some examples of F series processors if it has a F in the name then no built in graphics.

Thanks! After I installed GPU, now I could install Windows 10. But now I have another problem that it's not detecting Internet. It doesn't detect Wifi and also doesn't detect the cable even if I connect the cable.