Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyom21

Honorable
Aug 14, 2015
Hi,

I recently upgraded from an older i5 4460 + GTX 1050 to a i5 10400 + 1660 super. A few days ago, I noticed a burning smell one night while playing flight simulator, so I immideately shut the PC down. I then opened the case, and ran flight simulator multiple times to stress the hardware and noticed absolutely nothing, it has been a few days now and I have not experienced this smell again. I am now worried that this might return sometime in the future and since this is a family PC my parents could be using it and may not react as quickly as I did.

Couple of points:
  1. I had to return the new H410 Gigabyte motherboard and get an Asus H410 because I could hear a very annoying coil whine.
  2. I have a Seasonic ECO 430w 80+ bronze power supply. I hope it's not the power supply, but if I had to make a choice between getting rid of this or my other components it would have to be the PSU. However It hasn't really given me trouble in the 5 years I have been using it.
  3. I am a casual gamer, I primarily play GTA Online and Battlefield Online @ 1360*768 with friends during the weekend for a couple hours, and occassionally check out the latest offering in the market (Cyberpunk for now)
I live in India and really hope to move out in a year and therefore do not wish to spend too much money on any major upgrades, infact I am already experiencing buyers remorse over this upgrade which did not seem all that necessary since the 4460 is a capable chip, really wish I'd JUST have gotten a 1650 super instead. (I know I am pathetic lol, but these are the stories you hear from people in the third world xD hahaha)

specs:
2*8GB Gskill ram
1660s
2*HDD + 1SSD
430w Seasonic eco

Thanks
Vyom

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS