Question Buy motherboard w/ integrated wifi, wifi expansion or use wired lan?

Jul 22, 2019
I am planning to build a computer and I want to decide on the networking feature, considering that I have a weird router location. The way I see it, I only have three options:
a) Buying a motherboard with integrated wifi,
b) Buying a motherboard without wifi and add a networking board or usb card,
c) Or buying a powerline network expansion (such as https://www.tp-link.com/ca/home-networking/powerline/tl-pa7010-kit/?utm_medium=select-local )
I plan to use the computer for light gaming (maybe targeting one of the $1000 builds in the forum) and I foresee the main bottleneck of the network being the internet speed, not so much the wifi (but with many devices in the network, this might be a problem).
I am looking for advice on this.

Jul 22, 2019
I'd side with option a or sourcing a wifi dongle. The truth to the story is that you can manage with any form of networking gear provided you have the infrastructure to connect off of.

What does your build look like so far?
I'd side with option a or sourcing a wifi dongle. The truth to the story is that you can manage with any form of networking gear provided you have the infrastructure to connect off of.

What does your build look like so far?

So far, the build looks like this (prices in canadian dollars):

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor | $319.99 @ Mike's Computer Shop
Motherboard | ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard | $106.98 @ Vuugo
Memory | G.Skill - Trident Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory | $172.99 @ Newegg Canada
Storage | Intel - 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | $79.39 @ Mike's Computer Shop
Storage | Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $82.32 @ Vuugo
Video Card | Sapphire - Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card | $539.99 @ Mike's Computer Shop
Case | Corsair - Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower Case | $79.99 @ Canada Computers
Power Supply | Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $109.99 @ Newegg Canada
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total (before mail-in rebates) | $1521.64
| Mail-in rebates | -$30.00
| Total | $1491.64
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-22 12:37 EDT-0400 |

Bear in mind that I have not built a PC in 10 years and it is still a work in progress :); I am open to suggestions.
Also, the video card is a radeon because I have a monitor that has freesync, and not one with G-sync... still working on the tradeoffs