[SOLVED] Cable modding my pc

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
So i've been slowly putting together my first computer, lets just say I absolutely love it, however I wasted a fair amount of money on aesthetics for my first build. performance isn't too bad but could have used the aesthetic money elsewhere. Anyways, I kinda held off on adding any more aesthetic parts, now i'm thinking I might as well finish off the aesthetic portion of the build, I was curious what everyone's idea would be to get a cable extension for the 24 pin motherboard power and a 6 pin graphics card. I was wondering if this is even a ok idea to do. I'm looking at getting white ones to finish off the black and white build i've done. The power supply i have is a evga 600b non modular 80 plus bronze power supply. If anyone has any opinions on this or would mind giving me some pointers Id greatly appreciate it. I know i've been asking a lot of questions lately.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
It's an older machine , ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer 4690K \ GTX 1060 \ 16 GB DDR3 1866 \ EVGA GS 550W.
Thats not too bad though, seriously, i love the black and white theme, I should take yours to example for my own lol. I gotta start looking at more diy stuff for my pc, it looks bland atm. Thanks once again for your help with the cables, i think im gonna order them separate to get a better deal.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Yeah I'm going wait and see , what comes to retail , boards and CPU.
I honestly was surprised for what i got the preformance, i origionally was gonna get a 2200g but a friend of mine told me for the 2400g and based on what i already had spent on unnecessary things, it was worth it. Only thing i think i should add for preformance sake is more ram and maybe another hard drive or ssd.

Reactions: Banned by Net