Call of Duty: Black Ops Getting Dedicated Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Better than nothing I guess. More than anything I just want to be able to pick the map I'm playing on, kick cheaters, and not have the game stop half-way because someone left. This plan achieves that... so I'm satisfied.

I know for some folks this won't be enough though.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
MW2 on pc is filled with hackers , IW did a shitty job releasing a broken game.
Wallhack , aimbot , 10th prestige , no recoil , moded lobbies.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Goood! No more waiting for a new host, no more having to deal with the obvious hackers for the entire map, no more not being allowed to choose maps, and finally..finally, we can set up scrims against other clans a lot easier.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]MW2 on pc is filled with hackers , IW did a shitty job releasing a broken game.Wallhack , aimbot , 10th prestige , no recoil , moded lobbies.[/citation]

Agreed, I love how they said VAC was going to do a good job at banning hackers. It seems like there's one or two in every game.

beans4you

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Yeah.. not bad. I guess. I just exited codmw2 before posting, clearly someone with no life is hacking the game at 9:30am.. seriously its just a matter of time before Black OPS gets plagued by the same retarded people. It's really not that great of a game to pay for servers yet if your hardcore all the power to ya!

unrealpinky

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Screw them. Gameservers are horrible in their support in troubleshooting issues and was glad to get rid of them and moved to a my own dedicated server colocated at a datacenter. This is still a huge "slap-in-the-face" for clans and other PC game enthusiasts that pour their money and time to create and control all aspects of their gaming experience. Another Call of Duty title to skip.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]zipzoomflyhigh[/nom]The problem is people like you kick people who are good, just because you get frustrated and THINK the person is cheating.[/citation]

I have never seen someone who wasn't hacking get kicked. Most people will ignore a vote if they don't suspect anything.

De La NoChe

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I cant wait!!! I hope they left knife throwing in there. That is my favorite weapon :) !

www.youtube.com/delanoche21 = Some Good Kill Cam Knife Throws (legit using eyefnity (three monitors))

G

Now, they search the way to say "We are giving you dedicated servers" while also making money. Activision style.
I wonder, what will happen to someone like me who lives in Spain, if I will be forced to play in foreign servers with higher ping because I can't rent CoD servers in my own country.

djmpsf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Wow, nice job on keeping up on the news. This info was out almost two weeks ago. I guess you had to wait until IGN posted the video interview they did at the Sept 1st MP reveal event.

FYI, Treyarch has stated that the final max player #'s have yet to be finalized for both ranked and unranked servers.

ulysses35

Distinguished
I confess I play the COD series on a console (yes i know its not graphically as good) and the console version seems harder for hackers to cheat in the games. I cant see a lot of people paying for dedicated servers - this will do nothing but deter PC gamers from buying the game.

Agreed with the comments on hackers / cheaters / glitchers though. MW2 Fuel map - the rock that every sad SOB runs to hide under with a sniper rifle... why cant IW patch the game to get rid of this

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
An obvious step in the right direction. As a PC gamer I have totally ignored the online play of any COD:MW game due to the terrible cheating and obvious other flaws. I admit I am interested in playing this game but I going to take a wait and see approch to this one as well.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I see they're trying to get people to buy this game.

I saw a demo of the new game modes and really liked it, but then i thought about how crappy my mw2 experience was. You can't even play mw2 online w\ pc anymore. Last time i logged in, i was stuck in a horrible hacked server and couldn't get to any other server...

I'm still not blowing more than $30 on this.

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]MW2 on pc is filled with hackers , IW did a shitty job releasing a broken game.Wallhack , aimbot , 10th prestige , no recoil , moded lobbies.[/citation]

i quit playing mw2 because of the hacks.
one 1 time have i had to deal with a hacker in bfbc2 and the admin kicked/banned him.

spectate mode is a must

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
[citation][nom]ulysses35[/nom]I confess I play the COD series on a console (yes i know its not graphically as good) and the console version seems harder for hackers to cheat in the games. I cant see a lot of people paying for dedicated servers - this will do nothing but deter PC gamers from buying the game.Agreed with the comments on hackers / cheaters / glitchers though. MW2 Fuel map - the rock that every sad SOB runs to hide under with a sniper rifle... why cant IW patch the game to get rid of this[/citation]

dude...do you know anything about dedicated servers?
BFBC2 has so many of them that EA isn't running a single one. I don't think we have to worry about the number of servers to play in.

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
[citation][nom]unrealpinky[/nom]Screw them. Gameservers are horrible in their support in troubleshooting issues and was glad to get rid of them and moved to a my own dedicated server colocated at a datacenter. This is still a huge "slap-in-the-face" for clans and other PC game enthusiasts that pour their money and time to create and control all aspects of their gaming experience. Another Call of Duty title to skip.[/citation]

yes, it's total bullshit that they sign an exclusive deal. Battlefield has never done that.

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
What's killing me is that they don't give people a lan server option. The days of a good lan party playing the hottest and greatest fps are over because you can't run a lan party game over the net due to bandwidth limitations.

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]Agreed, I love how they said VAC was going to do a good job at banning hackers. It seems like there's one or two in every game.[/citation]

VAC on MW2 was the biggest fail of 2009/2010. they should give people partial refunds based on what a total failure it was and fourzerotwo should be ashamed of himself for making claims that they must have known were false.

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Even though it's obviously as much as a cash grab as it is an attempt to fix MW2 online issues, it's still an improvement. I won't be leasing a server but I'll try to find some legit ones without players cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.