Call Of Duty: Ghosts Graphics Performance: 17 Cards, Tested

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BorgOvermind

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
The game is very well optimized compared the the latest BF game.
I've played it with my now old Radeon 5870 on 1680*1050 with most things maxed out.

Kevin Harris

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I cant believe you have to have all this requirements just to play this game woo no wonder the computer industry is booming cause of these games

Kevin Harris

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
i also have a EVGA 02G-P4-3651-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDC card i hope this will work with my system

skippyjoe

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
So i took the advice of porkysatan and i enabled virtualization. The first thing i noticed was that my pc booted up in half the time. The second thing i noticed was my pc seemed snappier and more responsive. So then i fired up Ghosts, and the game ran so smooth and fast. So i got out of the game and went and enabled sli. (i had it disabled because i never could get it to run right,the frame rate was choppy in every game). I fired up Ghosts again and it ran awesome fast and really smooth. Next i fired up BF4 . I gave up on bf4 a few weeks ago due to all the bugs. And so Bf4 ran really fast and smooth with virtualization on. I dont know why it works but i registerd with tomshardware just to tell porky thnx. Its like i have a whole new system.

bucknutty

Distinguished
Virtualization or V-pro or VT-D is intended to allow virtual machines direct access to hardware. The idea is you can use any desktop as a virtual server, or run a virtual OS, and have access to real system assets. I don't see why it would effect a DX11 game, so I decided to Google it. It turns out there are a few antidotal posts where users swear enabling virtualization does every thing from stabilizing FPS, reducing CPU utilization, to lowering GPU temps.

Anyone at Toms, want to test this with their professional testing methodologies?

skippyjoe

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Update......I bought a laptop or sunday, its an hp pavilion with windows 8.1 64bit and a AMD apu. It ran like pure crap!!!!! I was going to take it back to bestbuy on friday. So i went into the bios and enabled virtualization like porkysatan said. I have to say its a keeper!!!!! It runs alot faster and boots alot faster and i am playing Ghosts on it with no problem. So again i would like to say thanks to porkysatan.

Traciatim

Distinguished

I danced, it started raining. All of those posts must be true.

Ephixa

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
I'm running a 7990 and a Phenom II X4 965 black at 1440p and it is terrible. I can't maintain a smooth framerate in multiplayer. Replacing the 965 with a 4770k soon, hopefully that will help, but I can still only run half my graphics card, as there is no crossfire support. Never pre-ordering from Infinity Ward again.

I feel your pain - my SLI GTX 460s did not work had to use one card. Then one of my cards died and I bought a GTX670 - works decent but not as good as it should. Pretty sad when a modern game is released without multi gpu support.
-Bruce

I think your confusing old tech with optimized...All of my games using a software engine developed in 2005-6 will run great on my old 5870 too...

My new games (BF4, Deus Ex, Lost Planet 3, Tomb Raider) using current software and hardware technology however do not run great on my old 5870...but they run very well on my new R280X. That should tell you something about the age of the graphics engine being re-used in Ghosts...

Kevin Harris

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Video Card NEW 02G-P4-2653-KR
COMBO AMD FX-6300 SIX CORE CPU+16GB DDR3 RAM+ASROCK SATA6 USB3 DVI Motherboard
750W Gaming 120MM Fan Silent ATX Power Supply PSU 12V
this is what i want to put in my pc for gaming is this good enough? for call of duty ghost?

Sep 22, 2013

You should post this in another section of the forum for these questions, but no I wouldn't recommend this card or CPU, at least not for Ultra settings.

I'd step up both the CPU and card. A GTX 760 will get you near-Ultra, but for the price the 780s are pretty attractive right now. I really feel strongly that at least 3GB of VRAM makes a big difference in both Ghosts and BF4. BF4 uses 3.6GB of my 4GB 770's ram.

For the CPU, I'd suggest sticking with the 8300 series. And 8350 will get you a great bang for the buck.

It's hard to address this with the motherboard and PSU descriptions not mentioning specific models. This is fairly critical, and I would never make the assumption that a "gaming" PSU is actually a QUALITY PSU. Stick with minimum 600W Gold Plus Certified and you should be good. Season and XFX are great PSUs for the money.

sotiroubas

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
I have a problem with cod ghosts it concerns the performance of the game.Actually when i hold the gun and try to shoot the gun shoot at his own and spend all the bullets.Generally does not runing well .I played crysis 3 and medal of honor warfighter without any problems.My PC specs are:Operating System Windows Vista, Version 6.1.7601 Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.gb x79-UD5 Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz Memory 16.00 GB Hard Drive 1.36 TB, ATA ST1500DL003-9VT1 SCSI Disk Device Hard Drive 55.90 GB, ATA OCZ-AGILITY3 SCSI Disk Device Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 sli mode Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Monitor Samsung, SyncMaster CA750_LC27A750 (Digital) Monitor , Default Monitor Sound Card NVIDIA High Definition Audio Sound Card Realtek High Definition Audio Sound Card ??????? ???? USB Sound Card NVIDIA High Definition Audio Keyboard logitech G19 Mouse razer death adder 3.5g

More than you need - much better. Bottom line Ghosts for PC was/is a shameful product on so many fronts. No dedicated servers, crappy performance with high end equipment, menus that have been broken(laggy) from day one. There isn't even a way to tell what ping various players have - one very laggy connection ruins the game experience for all that are playing. They keep putting out new DLC and think I am going to buy it? FIX IT FIRST!!!!!!
-Bruce

Gee Bee

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS