Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Minimum Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jclonts82

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
Don't buy it. They spit in the faces of loyal PC gamers for the sake of profit, whatever they might say the reasons are for their decisions.

Zoidman

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
I'm actually surprised they are that low, I was hoping for a bit more (granted they do amazing things with even those low specs). I watched the teaser videos, and honestly they did look better then CoD4 but not a whole lot. For comparison, here is CoD4 PC Minimum Specs
System:
Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or faster or equivalent
RAM:
512 MB
Hard Drive Space:
8000 MB
Other:
GeForce 6600 / Ati Radeon 9800Pro or better

Which are roughly the same...

captainfugu

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
No PC gamer in their right mind would ever buy this game. $60 for a short single player and hobbled multiplayer? F that.

Myself and thousands of others will be choosing to spend our money elsewhere. Way to go IW! You're a winner!! If I was the CEO at Activision, people would be getting fired for loosing my company millions of dollars in potential sales.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Those are some pretty low system requirments.

pretty much the same as COD4 but a 5-10% increase in requirments.

Meaning its just an upadted COD4 engine without dedicated servers and a 60$ price tag with a SP thats just as long as COD4 sad 6 our story.Pass...Maybe Ill buy it whens it like 30 bucks and patched to have dedicated servers.

G

it doesn't require much big specs becuase it is just a crappy console port, especially now that it doesn't have mods or dedicated servers. there isn't anything to differentiate them

maxmaleev

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Here in Europe this wonderful game is 60 Euros on Steam. That's 90 American dollars. Now that's what I call entertainment...

helux

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I am a PC and Console gamer and I am very upset on what IW is doing. This game might be a great and fun game to play but I and thousands of other gamers will not be purchasing this. There are petitions out and a mass boycott that is in the process. I found a petition that you may sign at hellselite.com. In my personal opinion this game is now not worth the purchase and to the rest of you do not wast your money either.

Thank you to all for reading this.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Well, Hopefully my ASUS P5K-E with 4 gigs ram. Intel E8400 dou 3.0 ghz and my NVIDIA 9800 SGTX will run her good. Sure it will. BRING IT ON. THIS WILL BE EASILY GAME OF THE YEAR FOR SURE.

buddhav1

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
oh quit whining people. it's a damn game. play it or don't. stop getting all uppity about your "beliefs" as a gamer. you're a gamer. not the freaking pope. your "beliefs" are irrelevant to IW, and to the vast majority of the rest of the world.

fact is, this shouldn't be about them not including your precious private servers. It's for dicussing the specs, which, for a brand new game, are quite low, which doesn't suprise me, as COD4 had similar specs. you know why they're low? BECAUSE INFINITY WARD WANTS PEOPLE TO BE ABLE TO PLAY WITHOUT HAVING TO HAVE A 1000$ COMPUTER.

any schmoe can slap a post-2006 video card into an older machine, and be able to play. enthusiasts will get the benefit of better visuals, and faster gameplay. which is FAIR. you spend the money for a high end rig? you get better performance. that's simple.

quit bitching. we get it. it sucks. stop repeating the same damn thing.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]buddhav1[/nom]oh quit whining people. it's a damn game. play it or don't. stop getting all uppity about your "beliefs" as a gamer. you're a gamer. not the freaking pope. your "beliefs" are irrelevant to IW, and to the vast majority of the rest of the world. fact is, this shouldn't be about them not including your precious private servers. It's for dicussing the specs, which, for a brand new game, are quite low, which doesn't suprise me, as COD4 had similar specs. you know why they're low? BECAUSE INFINITY WARD WANTS PEOPLE TO BE ABLE TO PLAY WITHOUT HAVING TO HAVE A 1000$ COMPUTER.any schmoe can slap a post-2006 video card into an older machine, and be able to play. enthusiasts will get the benefit of better visuals, and faster gameplay. which is FAIR. you spend the money for a high end rig? you get better performance. that's simple. quit bitching. we get it. it sucks. stop repeating the same damn thing.[/citation]

True, IW doesn't care about our beliefs. But what they DO obviously care about is money, but they just don't get it. They try and save money by shafting us, but instead they loose 150,000 x $60...$9Mil (so far, but growning rapidly) from the petition for dedicated servers. We'll see who gets shafted more.

Status
Not open for further replies.