geoff

Hi,
I'd like to set up caller ID on MS Fax software. Anyone out there with
specific experiences of, recommendations for, specific modems,
particulalrly models that can handle Super G3 fax machines that can run
at 33.3 Kbauds?
To be used for Junk Fax filtering.
Thanks
Geoff Marshall

Multitech and a few other manufacturers have modems that support SuperG3 ECM
using Class 2.1.

It would be relatively easy for the microsoft developers to extend support
for Class 2.1 and ECM since the hardware provides much of the functionality,
but out of the box, this isn't possible.

I used a hex editor to modify fxst30.dll to coerce my Multitech ZPX modem
into class 2.1, then set the AT+FCC capabilities to include ECM and SuperG3
speeds. I was able to send at 28.8K. Unfortunately, this broke receiving -
probably because it couldn't properly parse the +FCS:1,C,0,2,0,1,0,0,0 that
it got.

Perhaps the developers might consider adding Class 2.1? How about MR and
MMR while the wishlist is hot?

Marc
kozam@mlksoft.com