Jun 15, 2022
Hello! I have run into a little bit of a new problem with my PC.

Specs:

Ryzen 1700X
2x 1070s
750 Watt PCU
32GB 3200MHz
IO cooler
SSD and 2 hard drives

I have been trying to install windows 10 on this fully wiped SSD and finally I get to the install page after other problems, Now it is saying “A media driver your computer needs is missing…”I have attempted to find and install the correct one but it doesn’t seem to work! Anything would help thank you!

I have been trying to install windows 10 on this fully wiped SSD and finally I get to the install page after other problems, Now it is saying “A media driver your computer needs is missing…”
What model motherboard?
It may be necessary to use a different USB port (if your board has a separate USB controller).

Have only single drive connected, while installing windows.

BTW - what is "IO cooler"? Did you mean liquid AIO ?

Jun 15, 2022
What model motherboard?
It may be necessary to use a different USB port (if your board has a separate USB controller).

Have only single drive connected, while installing windows.

BTW - what is "IO cooler"? Did you mean liquid AIO ?
haha yes I meant AIO cooler. My mother board is the ROG strix x370-F motherboard.

Your board has Asmedia USB controller.
Ports from this controller can not be used for installation of windows normally (you'd have to integrate appropriate USB drivers into installation first).
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue)
4 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, black, 2 at mid-board)
h732

Okay! So I should install those drivers?

No one knows how you are attempting to install Windows in any detail.

So, I'd try to do what egda23 recommends in post 2.

Boot from that stick with only 1 drive connected.

Delete any partitions that are shown early in that procedure.

You don't have to wipe anything before.

The Media drive wouldn't be a high priority right now, pending what happens if you try the new install as egda23 asks for.

If you fail, give a detailed explanation of exactly what you did and what happens.

Jun 15, 2022
No one knows how you are attempting to install Windows in any detail.

So, I'd try to do what egda23 recommends in post 2.

Boot from that stick with only 1 drive connected.

Delete any partitions that are shown early in that procedure.

You don't have to wipe anything before.

The Media drive wouldn't be a high priority right now, pending what happens if you try the new install as egda23 asks for.

If you fail, give a detailed explanation of exactly what you did and what happens.
Hello! I used diskpart to delete the partition and only have my SSD and USB plugged in, I turn on my computer to install windows, It says “ press any button to boot setup” I do so, the windows language selection pops up. I click continue, here is gives me an option to Install, I click “Install Now”…then loading screen. Next is the screen usually where i’d select the drive to install windows, this is where I get the error about the media drivers.