Question Can a thinner damage a GPU

seen some people in computer stores...I once asked someone who specializes in video card maintenance about using paint thinner. He told me there was no problem
alcohol based cleaner is all that would ever be required in the most extreme occasion.
usually just blowing and wiping dust away is all that would be needed.

now you might want to go through setting up some extra dust filters for any space in your case that isn't properly filtered.
depending on the way your cooling is setup, maybe add some extra fans to ensure a positive air pressure and make those fans extra filtered from pulling in access dust.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
What in the everliving goodness would possess you to put paint thinner anywhere near ANY electronic? Whatever quack told you that's OK is either clueless or intentionally shortening customer device life so they have to buy new parts from them.

NEVER take one person's word for anything and research first. For your sake I hope it wasn't a good gpu. Either way I wouldn't trust it not to short itself and potentially the motherboard by extension and who knows what else.

We all make mistakes but this was an expensive one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: osamaorabi