[SOLVED] can an android phone be used as a gui for a mini pc

Oct 10, 2019
I would like to install a series of mini cameras in my car. The cameras would have to be connected to a storage device. A mini pc would be perfect but I would need a way to control the mini pc.

Solution
There are apps that will allow you to view/control a PC. Just Google "Android Remote to PC". I don't have any experience with any of these, so I cannot speak to their effectiveness or security.

-Wolf sends

USAFRet

Titan
I would like to install a series of mini cameras in my car. The cameras would have to be connected to a storage device. A mini pc would be perfect but I would need a way to control the mini pc.
Coming from a whole different direction, that is a really bad idea.
Drive the car, not manage your cameras.

There are any number of multi camera car solutions. Just have them running all the time.

USAFRet

Titan
I think you misunderstood. I would need a way to set folder options, play or recall saved files, etc. not manipulate the pc while driving.
Oh, OK.
Just use a regular mouse/kbd to set it up.

But as said, there are already many multi cam setups, that save to their own internal SD or microSD card.
2-3-4 cameras each.
I have a 2 camera setup in my 23 year old truck. Controlled by its own on-off switch, works seamlessly.

I just have a real heatrache about extra touchscreens and electronics in cars while driving, due to the demise of my former vehicle.