Question Can anyone help me determine if this is a dead pixel or an internal crack?

Apr 12, 2019
So I've had a Sony X7007f 55 inch TV for 3 months now. And just two days ago I noticed black spots on my TV. I tried wiping it but it seems that it's inside the TV and not on the surface of the screen. I'm thinking it's an internal crack but it could also be dead pixels. I've never hit the TV, and I live alone so there's no way it could have been physical impact. Has anyone had any experience with this? If so, do you think sony will cover this with warranty? Here are pictures below.

25po6rb.jpg

65cpk2.jpg

Apr 12, 2019
Welp, definitely not a dead pixel. They would show up as a single dot, while this looks more like a panel imperfection or damage.

I see, I guess it's a panel defect, I don't feel any bumps when I touch it so it's not an external scratch or crack. It's on the lower right side of my screen, barely visible and not too disturbing for people who don't actually know it's there. But just to make sure, do you think this will spread? And do you think Sony will cover this with warranty? I still have 7 months of warranty left but they told me any type of physical damage won't be covered when I first bought it, except this one is a special case, where the damage is inside the panel.

Apr 12, 2019
A dead pixel would look more uniform, a defined square. This looks like a scratch.

I see, I guessed as much. I don't think it's a scratch on the outside though because I don't feel any bumps or anything when I touch it. It seems to be on the inside. It's actually very small, located at the lower right of the screen and not too noticeable unless you actually know it's there. If this is a crack I'm worried if it might spread. And I'm pretty dubious that Sony will cover this with warranty. Anyway thanks for the input.

They told you physical damange isn't covered? If I'm ever told that physical damage isn't covered when buying a new item (is this a used/showroom model?) I'll leave without purchasing said item. That being said, you own the monitor already. You can always try contacting Sony. They could argue the damage has been there for a while, since it's not damage done by you, but you've never mentioned it before now. If you won't try at all, you won't know if they'll fix it or not. I wish you good luck trying to resolve this issue...

Reactions: renzufitzu
Apr 12, 2019
They told you physical damange isn't covered? If I'm ever told that physical damage isn't covered when buying a new item (is this a used/showroom model?) I'll leave without purchasing said item. That being said, you own the monitor already. You can always try contacting Sony. They could argue the damage has been there for a while, since it's not damage done by you, but you've never mentioned it before now. If you won't try at all, you won't know if they'll fix it or not. I wish you good luck trying to resolve this issue...

The item wasn't a showroom model, it's fresh of the warehouse from where I bought it, and we definitely checked it before I purchased the item, and those "scratches" were never there. I went to the store just yesterday and they told me they really can't cover any physical damage, despite all of my explanations and stuff. I'm going to try to contact Sony directly and see how that works.