Question Can I add an ARGB Fan for the light only?

Aug 1, 2021
I bought a 3 pack ARGB fan set with a controller for a ridiculously discounted sale price. I actually only needed one fan at the back for exhaust to balance the airflow in my case while still maintaining positive air pressure. But now I see the potential of adding the remaining two fans as aesthetic light sources in my chassis and was wondering if it's possible to connect them but utilize them only as controllable lights without the fans being on?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
With that fan set, I don't see how. Each fan MUST connect to the included controller box - they have non-standard connections. Then ALL of the fans will be controlled exactly the same way. So whatever you choose to do with the rear exhaust fan in this trio, the other two will do the same thing. That applies BOTH to the fan speed and to the lighting displays. The only way around that would be to break the FAN motor connections without disturbing the lighting connections - assuming you could find out which wire is which - and that might be permanent disabling of the fans you alter.

Reactions: jars23