[SOLVED] Can I add another another 4GB RAM in H110M CS motherboard.

Apr 13, 2020
I have a H110M - CS motherboard. I currently have 4GB DDR4 RAM. Can I add other 4GB RAM. I only have 2 RAM slots. Don't know if it will work. I know It should be of same frequency, voltage etc. But still can I?

Solution
I think I am gonna buy a 8GB RAM but should I remove the 4 GB one into 2nd slot and put the new one in 1st slot? How much frequency, voltage, pin etc RAM should I buy according to my motherboard H110M - CS.
Quick question: After the installation, do I need to do anything in BIOS?
Answer all my doubts please.
You could install the 8GB module on either A or B slots. You should not have to make any changes in the BIOS, if you get a RAM module with the same specs as the current module installed on your system.
If you are running both together, then get a module with the same CAS latency, timing and voltages as the current 4GB module in your system.
For a trouble free system though, it is recommended to install matching RAM modules...
Apr 13, 2020
Yes you can add another 4GB and indeed you should because having only 4GB installed is not enough these days.

However, your PC must be running 64-bit Windows to use more than 4GB RAM.
If your Windows is 32-bit, don't add more RAM because you will be just wasting your money.
Yes, I have a 64 bit OS. I think I am gonna buy a 8GB RAM but should I remove the 4 GB one into 2nd slot and put the new one in 1st slot? How much frequency, voltage, pin etc RAM should I buy according to my motherboard H110M - CS.

I think I am gonna buy a 8GB RAM but should I remove the 4 GB one into 2nd slot and put the new one in 1st slot? How much frequency, voltage, pin etc RAM should I buy according to my motherboard H110M - CS.
You could install the 8GB module on either A or B slots. You should not have to make any changes in the BIOS, if you get a RAM module with the same specs as the current module installed on your system.
If you are running both together, then get a module with the same CAS latency, timing and voltages as the current 4GB module in your system.
For a trouble free system though, it is recommended to install matching RAM modules from the same manufacturer.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution