[SOLVED] Can I Connect 3 HDMI displays in a RX 6900 XT that has 3 displayports using a conversion cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khauamx5

Reputable
Apr 7, 2020
so... I am planning on buying 3 monitors to use with the rx 6900 xt, I found the ones that would meet my dev/game criteria but they are hdmi only,
can I use a hdmi-to-displayport cable in these 3 monitors (3 hdmi-to-displayport cables connected in a single gpu through 3 displayports) to connect to my gpu and use them as eyeinfinity?

Solution
If it works with three DisplayPort cables installed, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with three DisplayPort to HDMI cables installed.

-Wolf sends

khauamx5

Reputable
Apr 7, 2020
More than likely, but would need to know the exact model of the RX 6900XT.

-Wolf sends

hi! thanks for answering, so the model is a PowerColor Radeon RX 6900 XT Red Devil
and would it work on nvidia cards like the 3070 too? sorry for so many questions, just trying to have the monitors set-up and running as good as possible xd

khauamx5

Reputable
Apr 7, 2020
It depends on the specific model of the card and whether or not it actually supports a three display set up using the ports you wish to use. Unfortunately, there is nothing in the specs for the PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil that states how the ports may be used.

-Wolf sends

I know I can triple monitor if I am using the displayports, was just wondering if using a hdmi-to-displayport cable would be the same, knowing that I can triple monitor, do you think with the adapters the effect will be the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.