[SOLVED] Can I get some guidance on how to connect RGB fans?

Jul 1, 2020
Hey,

I have a mag x570 tomahawk mobo and got myself Metallicgear Skiron D-rgb 120 fans. I'm having trouble attempting to connect them.

The fans come with two cables, one is a 4 pin female connector and the other is a 3 pin daisy chain cable.

The packaging says that the fan connects to a D-RGB Motherboard connector which my mobo has. For clarification, my mobo has a 3 pin 5V RGB connection [which is what's displayed on the fan's packaging].

What I'm confused about is, the 3 pin fan connection cannot connect to the mobo and the 4 pin female connection is to connect to the PWM mode fan connector.

Wondering if anyone would know how I go about connecting my fans?

Hey,

I have a mag x570 tomahawk mobo and got myself Metallicgear Skiron D-rgb 120 fans. I'm having trouble attempting to connect them.

The fans come with two cables, one is a 4 pin female connector and the other is a 3 pin daisy chain cable.

The packaging says that the fan connects to a D-RGB Motherboard connector which my mobo has. For clarification, my mobo has a 3 pin 5V RGB connection [which is what's displayed on the fan's packaging].

What I'm confused about is, the 3 pin fan connection cannot connect to the mobo and the 4 pin female connection is to connect to the PWM mode fan connector.

Wondering if anyone would know how I go about connecting my fans?
Yes, 4pin connector is for fan motor and 3 pin is ARGB connector to go to one of 2x 3-pin RAINBOW LED (JRainbow )connectors on the MB.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I fully expect your problem is that the fans you have are supplied by Phanteks, who use an ARGB connector that is not what most others use. So you may need an adapter cable like this

https://www.amazon.ca/Phanteks-Digi...adapter&qid=1593622995&sr=8-4&tag=googcana-20

It has one "standard" 3-pin female ARGB connector to plug into your mobo JRAINBOW header, a male connector of the same type to be used for other devices (tape this up to keep the pins from shorting out), and an output connector you can plug you fans' ARGB cable into.

Solution
Jul 1, 2020
I fully expect your problem is that the fans you have are supplied by Phanteks, who use an ARGB connector that is not what most others use. So you may need an adapter cable like this

https://www.amazon.ca/Phanteks-Digi...adapter&qid=1593622995&sr=8-4&tag=googcana-20

It has one "standard" 3-pin female ARGB connector to plug into your mobo JRAINBOW header, a male connector of the same type to be used for other devices (tape this up to keep the pins from shorting out), and an output connector you can plug you fans' ARGB cable into.
This definitely looks like what I need. Its annoying that I have to buy an adapter but atleast I'll know what to look for in the future. Thank you so much