Can I make a copy of my XP installation cd.

Can I make a copy of my XP cd for backup in case the original gets
scratched or something. Will it work just like the original?

yes
yes
peterk

"Bob Horvath" <bhorvath13@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Can I make a copy of my XP cd for backup in case the original gets
> scratched or something. Will it work just like the original?

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:35:58 -0600, Bob Horvath wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Bob

>yes
>yes
>peterk

You should also consider updating the XP install CD so that SP2 will be
installed automatically next time you re-install XP. This is known as
"slipstreaming".

> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:35:58 -0600, Bob Horvath wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Thanks for the reply.
> Bob
>
>>yes
>>yes
>>peterk

Bob,

Here's a link for a simple and foolproof way to slipstream using the XP Pro
disc and the SP2 disc: http://www.nliteos.com/

Wayne