[SOLVED] can i plug in my sata cables into the peripherial and sata slot on my Corsair RM 850X PSU

Solution
yea i got a molex cable and they are the same connector but as far as i know it dosent specify which slot to use as in a certain slot on the psu, so i should be fin plugging it into any 6 pin slot labeled sata&peripheral
I have a lower end Corsair CX450M, from the looks of my box, the floppy drive, SATA, and Peripheral cables go into the same type of slots yes. Even if they arent the right slots, Corsair PSUs have great over-voltage protection so nothing should happen anyway. So, yes, I guess they all go in the same ports on the PSU.

cyleshot

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018
PSU slots should only be used what theyre dedicated for. Use the Sata Power cable that came with your PSU. A sata cable shouldnt be going from the motherboard to the PSU anyway, the CPU shouldnt have anything to do with a SATA drive.
so am i fine plugging the sata cable in any of the peripheral&sata slots on the psu

cyleshot

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018
On your PSU manual or guide, it tells you which cables go where. You can only put a SATA cable in your PSUs SATA cable slot. You cant put a SATA cable in a molex cable slot. I think peripheral cables are SATA cables so it should work. It will specify on your manual though.
yea i got a molex cable and they are the same connector but as far as i know it dosent specify which slot to use as in a certain slot on the psu, so i should be fin plugging it into any 6 pin slot labeled sata&peripheral

I have a lower end Corsair CX450M, from the looks of my box, the floppy drive, SATA, and Peripheral cables go into the same type of slots yes. Even if they arent the right slots, Corsair PSUs have great over-voltage protection so nothing should happen anyway. So, yes, I guess they all go in the same ports on the PSU.

Solution