Feb 22, 2020
Hello community. I want to upgrade my pc and I want to buy gigabyte b450 DS3H motherboard with ryzen 5 3500 processor. I want to ask a question that updated Bois are required to run this processor. So will my pc open up to boot Manu to update Bois with this processor or do I need a previous gen supported processor first to open my pc and install Bois.?

Solution
Hello community. I want to upgrade my pc and I want to buy gigabyte b450 DS3H motherboard with ryzen 5 3500 processor. I want to ask a question that updated Bois are required to run this processor. So will my pc open up to boot Manu to update Bois with this processor or do I need a previous gen supported processor first to open my pc and install Bois.?

Hi @Ashraf0786

Welcome to the Forums! :)

1st off, no, a menu won't popup asking you to flash the Bios if you install the 3500. You'll need to follow the correct procedures to flash the Bios 1st otherwise, your PC might not post.

Here is the product page for your mobo. It supports the 3000 series CPU's so the 3500 will work in it. You'll need to make sure...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

Hi @Ashraf0786

1st off, no, a menu won't popup asking you to flash the Bios if you install the 3500. You'll need to follow the correct procedures to flash the Bios 1st otherwise, your PC might not post.

Here is the product page for your mobo. It supports the 3000 series CPU's so the 3500 will work in it. You'll need to make sure the mobo has the F40 Bios 1st tho. If it doesn't, you'll need to flash it 1st for the 3500 to work. If you buy both the mobo & CPU new, AMD will send you a free loaner CPU to install so you can flash the Bios. You can of course borrow or buy any 2000 series Ryzen CPU and a few select Athlons to flash it with. A local PC Repair shop on your end can do it as well. You may want to go that route as you can easily brick your system if you don't flash it correctly.

Whats the rest of the Hardware you're looking at? Remember, that 3500 will want fast RAM. You'll gimp it's performance if you put in the cheapest RAM you can or DDR4-2400. Would advise DDR4-3200 or faster.

Let us know how it goes and again welcome.

Reactions: Ashraf0786
Solution
Feb 22, 2020
Hi @Ashraf0786

Here is the product page for your mobo. It supports the 3000 series CPU's so the 3500 will work in it. You'll need to make sure the mobo has the F40 Bios 1st tho. If it doesn't, you'll need to flash it 1st for the 3500 to work. If you buy both the mobo & CPU new, AMD will send you a free loaner CPU to install so you can flash the Bios. You can of course borrow or buy any 2000 series Ryzen CPU and a few select Athlons to flash it with. A local PC Repair shop on your end can do it as well. You may want to go that route as you can easily brick your system if you don't flash it correctly.

Whats the rest of the Hardware you're looking at? Remember, that 3500 will want fast RAM. You'll gimp it's performance if you put in the cheapest RAM you can or DDR4-2400. Would advise DDR4-3200 or faster.

Let us know how it goes and again welcome.

Thank you so much, I wanted to buy corsair 2400 mhz ram but now I'll go for 3200mhz.

Wolfshadw

Titan
You'll need to make sure the mobo has the F40 Bios 1st tho. If it doesn't, you'll need to flash it 1st for the 3500 to work. If you buy both the mobo & CPU new, AMD will send you a free loaner CPU to install so you can flash the Bios

Gotta be careful about this these days. Got bit by it a few days back. I made the same recommendation about the AMD Boot Kit, but I didn't look closely enough at the CPU Support List.

KeNesyw.jpg

Seems this motherboard requires a BIOS update even for the CPU The AMD Loaner Program sends out.

If the motherboard does not come with BIOS version F40 already installed, you will need something like the Ryzen 3 1200 processor in order to update the BIOS.

-Wolf sends