Oct 16, 2020
Hi
I have a ryzen 7 1800x and I've been trying to get my corsair vengeance lpx 16gb 3200mhz to up to at least 3000mhz but for some reason in the bios it says it's running at 3000 but when i get on my windows it stays at 2133, I put my voltage up to 1.35 and that didn't do anything. Also the motherboard I have is a gigabyte ax370 gaming k7. If theirs anyone who can help i'd rlly appreciate it

Last edited:
Solution
Can ya post a snapshot of Cpuz memory & spd tabs please.

Early Ryzen, i think it includes 2nd gen as well, doesn't officially support 3000 and odd timings, ie CL 15, if that's what your ram are. 3000 can run but the mobo should set them at 2933 with CL 16 timings.

Corsair's LPX series are usually a problem for Ryzen as well, many people are having issues with them. A set of Gskill 3200 CL 14 or 16 would be ideal. Corsair not bad but much prefer Gskill over them any day.

Watch this video and perhaps use the two mentioned programs to try manually set your ram.

View: https://youtu.be/1GTekAB1Zzc

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Early Ryzen, i think it includes 2nd gen as well, doesn't officially support 3000 and odd timings, ie CL 15, if that's what your ram are. 3000 can run but the mobo should set them at 2933 with CL 16 timings.

Corsair's LPX series are usually a problem for Ryzen as well, many people are having issues with them. A set of Gskill 3200 CL 14 or 16 would be ideal. Corsair not bad but much prefer Gskill over them any day.

Watch this video and perhaps use the two mentioned programs to try manually set your ram.

Solution
Oct 16, 2020

Ok thanks for the info i just the thing in

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
3000MHz is iffy. It's just a bad number that's not really supported by the multipliers on many boards. More common to every board is 2933MHz. That's more true with first release Ryzens. Many could hit 3200MHz with the right ram, but would baulk at 3000MHz, even with manual settings. Leaving 2933MHz as the best it could do.

Subsequent versions of bios updates and Agesa have improved ram compatibility, but haven't changed the basic multipliers much at all. If you've updated the bios as far as it needs to go (not all the way as that's 3rd release only for most older boards) the ram should work, but maybe only setting it manually at 2933MHz, not relying on the 3000MHz XMP/docp etc.

Oct 16, 2020
3000MHz is iffy. It's just a bad number that's not really supported by the multipliers on many boards. More common to every board is 2933MHz. That's more true with first release Ryzens. Many could hit 3200MHz with the right ram, but would baulk at 3000MHz, even with manual settings. Leaving 2933MHz as the best it could do.

Subsequent versions of bios updates and Agesa have improved ram compatibility, but haven't changed the basic multipliers much at all. If you've updated the bios as far as it needs to go (not all the way as that's 3rd release only for most older boards) the ram should work, but maybe only setting it manually at 2933MHz, not relying on the 3000MHz XMP/docp etc.
so dont turn on xmp

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Oh you have 3200 ram, thought i read 3000, after looking at cpuz i re-read your op. Can ya post another shot of memory tab please, just for us to see what it shows the memory is currently running at.

Yes, XMP off if applying memory settings manually.

Oct 16, 2020
Oh you have 3200 ram, thought i read 3000, after looking at cpuz i re-read your op. Can ya post another shot of memory tab please, just for us to see what it shows the memory is currently running at.

Yes, XMP off if applying memory settings manually.
Ok thx, but when I turned XMP off my computer would boot but wouldn't load up