Question Can I use a 4k monitor with a i3 6100 and Gigabyte h110m-s2-cf Motherboard?

Arbaaz360

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
I am currently using a 24 inch 2k monitor and it seems to work just fine with my old i3 6100 desktop.

Although, I am planning on upgrading my system, I was wondering I could buy a 32 inch 4k monitor now and upgrade my system later.

What are the things I should keep in mind? Will I face any problems? Could Gigabyte h110m-s2-cf Motherboard and i3 6100 support it?

Jan 13, 2022
Yes. It should be fine for day to day tasks but really your video card is the item to mention since it does the heavy lifting. I'd normally say though that unless you have a NEED for the monitor right now or any piece of hardware to wait and do most of your upgrades at the same time because hardware typically only depreciates in value.

Arbaaz360

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
Yes. It should be fine for day to day tasks but really your video card is the item to mention since it does the heavy lifting. I'd normally say though that unless you have a NEED for the monitor right now or any piece of hardware to wait and do most of your upgrades at the same time because hardware typically only depreciates in value.
I have AMD RX 570 GPU. It's not really a NEED as much as it is a WANT.