Apr 2, 2019
so hey guys, how can you see my name, my english suck, sorry about it.. Right, my specs are: gtx1050 ti oc, i72600k, 8gb ddr3 hyperex, cooler master hyper t4 and h61m-hg4 asrock mobo. So i guess my monitor is causing tearing in my games... I can play basically any game on high fps, like, above the 100, but its not smooth, fortnite, rainbow six, overwatch, if i dont use vsync, when i get high fps the screen its not smooth, but when i turn on vsync its normal, but the bad part of turning on vsync are the fps drop when the game needs more gpu power. My monitor is a Dell SE2216H with 12 ms response, i think this is causing tearing in my screen when i get high fps, my monitor cant hold on my gpu, i already do a lot of hardware tests on my gpu, cpu, memory, i bought a ssd, and nothing solves it, maybe the monitor is the problem?

Apr 2, 2019
Yes, if your FPS is not synced to your monitor refresh rate you will have screen tearing. This is totally normal and expected behavior.
Yes, if your FPS is not synced to your monitor refresh rate you will have screen tearing. This is totally normal and expected behavior.
a 5ms monitor can fix it? or the same? cause i have friends that have to 60hz monitors and get like 150 fps and dont have this problems

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
No, a different response time wouldn't fix it. Like I said, unless you have some sort of sync enabled you're always going to have screen tearing. It may be more or less noticeable depending on what game you're playing, what fps you're getting, your refresh rate, etc.

Try turning on Nvidia fast sync. I think it may still limit your max fps to 60, but I believe it should prevent massive drops in fps compared to regular vsync.

Apr 2, 2019
Hey guys, well, im having some troubble with screen tearing and it not seems it is just this, it seems have stuttering to even the fps is high. I have a Dell SE2216H monitor 12ms responde 60hz and a GTX 1050ti. How can i say it? I do know that if i have more than 60 frames on a 60hz monitor i will get tearing, but, i have a lot of friends and people that i know that have a 60hz monitor and just play with 100 or 80 fps and is all smooth, no vsync and all the stuff, they just let the fps ''free''. I really think that is not my gpu, cause there is nothing wrong with the freamerate, and when i turn on vsync its preatty better, but you know, high input lag and fps drops. I was thinking if this happen cause my monitor is 12 ms only and maybe it can be ghosting, idk what is ghosting at all but i see some vids and it seems a little bit like it. I am thinking in buy a AOC 1ms 75hz Monitor, and see if it solves my problem or at least can reduce it. I plan in the future maybe buy a rx580 and it will be good with this monitor cause it have freesync. What do you guys think? Buy this monitor will maybe fix my problem? Do you think can be a GPU problem? I guess no, but, idk. What i supose to do? (im do not speak english, im juts improvising, my vocabulary suck) disclaimer: my country sucks and all it is 3x more expensive then anything you guys can recommend me, so please, dont tell me juts buy this 144 or 240 hz and your problem will be fixed cause i almost dont have money for this 75hz monitor) thanks