[SOLVED] can my mother board support this?ASRock B250M-HDV LGA1151/ Intel B250/ DDR4/ SATA3&USB3.0/ M.2/ A&GbE/MicroATX Motherboard

Technically it would work, but that's an extremely low-end graphics card that likely offers worse graphics performance than the integrated graphics built into your CPU, so don't bother if you are looking for better gaming performance.

What are the rest of your system specs, what do want to gain from a graphics card upgrade and how much are you considering spending on a card?

waholi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Technically it would work, but that's an extremely low-end graphics card that likely offers worse graphics performance than the integrated graphics built into your CPU, so don't bother if you are looking for better gaming performance.

What are the rest of your system specs, what do want to gain from a graphics card upgrade and how much are you considering spending on a card?

i5 6600k 4gigs of memory ddr 4 2133 500 80 plus psu I don't think my son plays games the grand children might so I want them to beable to play some games

Yeah, a GT 710 wouldn't be much more than a side-grade from the Intel HD 530 graphics built into an i5-6600K. In fact the integrated graphics might even perform better than that dedicated card in some titles. The card's 2GB of dedicated video memory might help in some games, but it just doesn't have enough performance to make for a worthwhile upgrade. If the card needs to be low-power or small to fit into the system, even something like the current generation GT 1030 would offer around 3 to 4 times the performance of a GT 710, and would probably be more worth considering. Or, if one were willing to spend a bit more, something like a GTX 1050 would offer close to double the performance of a GT 1030.