Question can my motherboard handle it

Nov 10, 2022
i got a MSI B550 Gen 3 and i bought a Ryzen 5 5500 because i thought it was a good pair with it but i will probably do some upgrades in cpu in the future (i have a RX 5700 XT ready for this system) but i dont know how far i can push this motherboard. will it be able to feed a Ryzen 7 5700X or a Ryzen 7 5800X3D or my probable upgrade should just be the Ryzen 5 5600X ? also i didnt buy the psu yet can 500W to 550W feed these processor and GPU?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
i see, so i can probably run the 5500 overclocked and overclocking the ryzen 7's would probably result in VRM warming up alot or no performance gain?
For me, OCing with modern CPUs isn't necessary for excellent performance. With this motherboard, I would have no qualms using any of the aforementioned CPUs at stock speeds. Pairing the 5800X3D , might be the exception, but a regular 5800X I would still be okay with.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Nov 10, 2022
For me, OCing with modern CPUs isn't necessary for excellent performance. With this motherboard, I would have no qualms using any of the aforementioned CPUs at stock speeds. Pairing the 5800X3D , might be the exception, but a regular 5800X I would still be okay with.
okay thank you so much for your fast answers man have a nic day