[SOLVED] can my motherboard unlock phenom ii x2 560 4 cores?

Jul 31, 2020
I heard that you can unlock phenom x cpus and I was wondering if my motherboard supports that. I'm planning on buying a new pc. I only bought my cpu+mobo combo deal. can I unlock cores or overclock the cpu?

mobo: asus m4a87t plus
cpu: phenom ii x2 560

Solution
it can still OC right?
If the board's BIOS allows for CPU clock multiplier and or Base clock increases along with CPU core voltage adjustment, yes. I can't tell just by looking at the BIOS manual because it is too sparse to show that detail of information. Those options would be under the Advanced/CPU Configuration if present.

But be aware, that board isn't really designed for OC'ing. It appears to only have 4+2 power phases and lacks a heat sync on the MOSFETs.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
it can still OC right?
If the board's BIOS allows for CPU clock multiplier and or Base clock increases along with CPU core voltage adjustment, yes. I can't tell just by looking at the BIOS manual because it is too sparse to show that detail of information. Those options would be under the Advanced/CPU Configuration if present.

But be aware, that board isn't really designed for OC'ing. It appears to only have 4+2 power phases and lacks a heat sync on the MOSFETs.

Solution