Jan 26, 2023
Hello everyome, ive found this 3900XT for like 90$ and guy said that he could boot with his a320 motherboard altrough the 1 pin is missing, and as i found out on internet that one missing pin is VSS. I got that processor and after pressing power up button nothing starts not even the fans. The motherboard i tried to run on is ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, and yeah i have updated bios to latest and i was running my 5600X on it. Tried everything in order to get boot but im not sure now it will boot. Any tips?
Pic of the pins
AM4 PIN DIAGRAM
its this pin right from triangle

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
A VSS pin is ground, and a modern chip has multiple ground pins. Losing one shouldn't be the end of the world - but a damaged pin is still damage, and outright losing a pin without damaging others in the vicinity would be extremely lucky.

I can't see a damaged or missing pin in the image - but that's likely my eyes. Circling it may get you more interest/traction in the thread.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Jan 26, 2023
A VSS pin is ground, and a modern chip has multiple ground pins. Losing one shouldn't be the end of the world - but a damaged pin is still damage, and outright losing a pin without damaging others in the vicinity would be extremely lucky.

I can't see a damaged or missing pin in the image - but that's likely my eyes. Circling it may get you more interest/traction in the thread.
its this pin right from triangle

USAFRet

Titan
Does yours look like this?

LMcLONk.jpg