Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
Hello, may I ask something about overclocking a Ryzen 5 3600 on MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard:
So usually when not overclocked the VID and the Vcore in HWINFO64 are kinda synced, right?!
So when I punch an overclock of 42.00 and add manual override voltage to 1.3250v, save and reboot, then I open the HwInfo64 but there is something strange about it>?
The VIDs are all locked to 1.1000volts but the Vcore is 1.325vt. I mean I don't have any performance issue or something like that but why the VIDs are on 1.1v locked here I took a screenshot for you to see it.
Is it like this on all MSI motherboards, does it supposed to stay like that or should I do something else? Please someone answers me on this, it's been bugging me with days, and no one gives an answer. Thank you.

Screenshot: https://puu.sh/F94te/d6bcf8d404.png

Solution
VID is the nominal voltage given to the CPU cores in bios. CPU core voltage is the net result after various power regulating technologies are applied to the VID. First result via google search.

zx128k

Reputable
VID is the nominal voltage given to the CPU cores in bios. CPU core voltage is the net result after various power regulating technologies are applied to the VID. First result via google search.

Solution