LeoStt

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021
can someone help me? i have my sapphire rx 470 4gb, it was fine since i bought it, but after like 6 months it start to black screen and make a buzzing sound trough the headset, the only way to fix this issue are underclock and undervoltade the gpu or not using a gpu driver at all. ive tried some methods like using a DDU and install like 7 versions of amd driver and it doesnt works, use a memtest no issue detected, replaced my psu and it still happens. My last suggestion is my motherboard, but im afraid if i buy a new brand mobo and it's gonna still happens. but when i tried my gpu to my brother's pc it runs fine no issues at all. Could mobo failure cause this issue?
(i tried to use my 2008's gpu geforce 9400gt it runs fine and also i tried to use my igpu from i5 2400 an it runs fine too but the audio is buzzing for 4-5 seconds but this just happened once, and my file explorer crashed once and everything just crashed too immedately)

my spec:
i5 2400
sapphire rx 470 4gb
CoolerMaster Elite 500v4
vgen ssd 240gb
ram kingston 8gb + vgen 4gb
motherboard amptron h61m-c (i know it is a wack motherboard thats why i suspect it)

sorry for my bad english lol

Last edited:
Solution
Sounds more like a PSU issue. The Cooler Master Elite Series are not very reliable and good models. I would recommend upgrading your current PSU to some HIGH quality model, before it damages any other component as well.

Which power supply unit does your brother have in his PC ? This will further narrow down the issue.
Sounds more like a PSU issue. The Cooler Master Elite Series are not very reliable and good models. I would recommend upgrading your current PSU to some HIGH quality model, before it damages any other component as well.

Which power supply unit does your brother have in his PC ? This will further narrow down the issue.

Solution

LeoStt

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021

same as mine, coolermaster elite 500v4

LeoStt

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021
According to the psu tier list, the cooler master elite is tier E, potentially dangerous in multiple scenarios… your psu may have killed some components.
ik, but nothing i can do rn with my psu, my budget is limited and i need my computer for my work. Thanks for the reply btw appreciate that. gonna change that immedately when my budget is enough.