SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
Please suggest a budget laptop priced under $500. I prefer a laptop with an Intel Core i5 processor, at least 8GB of RAM, and the option for future RAM upgrades. If possible, I would like recommendations from Asus or HP. While gaming is not a top priority, it would be wonderful if the laptop can handle video rendering efficiently. I don't mind if it's bulky, and I would appreciate it if the laptop comes with Windows 11 pre-installed.
Thank you.

cyrusfox

Distinguished
I would recommend this (Cheap $280):
  • AMD Ryzen 5 7520U 4-cores, 8-threads (2.8GHz Base / 4.3GHz Boost) Processor
  • 15.6" (1920 x 1080) IPS 60Hz Touch Display
  • 16GB LPDDR5 RAM
  • 512GB NVMe Solid State Drive
or search slickdeals for a laptop. I would not be overly concerned Intel vs AMD, any 4 core recent chip should suffice.

If you must have Intel, here is one with min spec for $380
i5-1335U (up to 4.6 GHz, 10 cores, 12 threads)
8 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB) - appears to be user upgradeable
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Last edited:

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
  • 16GB LPDDR5 RAM
or search slickdeals for a laptop. I would not be overly concerned Intel vs AMD, any 4 core recent chip should suffice.

If you must have Intel, here is one with min spec for $380
i5-1335U (up to 4.6 GHz, 10 cores, 12 threads)
8 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB) - appears to be user upgradeable
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
Sir, Is there any 12th generation available in my budget segment and can fulfil my needs?
I thought the "U" processors can't handle stress that much. For long run what do you suggest?

How about :
HP 15s-fq5786TU :

Even though it's i3 it's 12th generation. Is it better then Acer Laptop? Or is there any better alternatives in this price segment?

Please suggest me. Thank you

Last edited:

logainofhades

Titan
I don't want to buy refurbished or open box and furthermore in Bangladesh its not widely available here...

In the future, please give location information, and budget in your currency, when looking for advice on a new system, or hardware. It makes it easier for people to give suggestions, and not waste your time with suggestions that will not work for you.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
  • 16GB LPDDR5 RAM

If you are considering the above laptop, you might be interested in reading this specific post in my thread about getting my mom a laptop:

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
In the future, please give location information, and budget in your currency, when looking for advice on a new system, or hardware. It makes it easier for people to give suggestions, and not waste your time with suggestions that will not work for you.
I converted my currency to doller to make it simple sir.
I am from Bangladesh. My currency is Taka.
Now my budget is 80000 taka maxed which is Equivalent to 524 dollers but the tax in our country regarding any international brand laptop is 15-20% higher so to make it easier to understand to everyone I make my suggestion under 500 dollers i5 processors and you can see my other preferences in my post. I didn't wanted to confuse anyone with too much detailed information so that it will cause too much confusion.
It will be even better if you can suggest me from these websites then..
1: ryanscomputers.com
2: startech.com.bd

Thank you sir

Last edited:

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
See if any of the HP Victus line are at your price point locally. From time to time I see these for sale here with graphics such as 1650/1660 for around $500 US. IDK if it is even available there and what those import fees will make the final price.

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
See if any of the HP Victus line are at your price point locally. From time to time I see these for sale here with graphics such as 1650/1660 for around $500 US. IDK if it is even available there and what those import fees will make the final price.
HP Victus 15-fa0163TX Core i5 12th gen available but Sadly; but it's twice my budget 😔

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
Is this good laptop?
Will it be a good choice?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
It seems to check most of the marks you mentioned. The integrated graphics will only be good for very simple games, possibly older ones with the graphics turned down.

Many laptops today are hard to open and access the memory. This machine may or may not have soldered memory, and unknown if there is an extra slot.

What does this come out to adjusted for US currency?

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
It seems to check most of the marks you mentioned. The integrated graphics will only be good for very simple games, possibly older ones with the graphics turned down.

Many laptops today are hard to open and access the memory. This machine may or may not have soldered memory, and unknown if there is an extra slot.

What does this come out to adjusted for US currency?
HP 15s-fq5192TU.. if I just convert
78,500 taka to it will come out to 711.85 dollers

I know the integrated graphics is a problem..
But if I go for dedicated graphics card like
HP Victus 15-FA1093DX Intel Core i5-13420H
It will be unofficially 1,02,500 taka which will come out 929.49 dollers.

I can squize out to 15s-fq5192TU which is 12gen i5 but HP VICTUS 15 will be so much expensive for me. But if you say there is alternative then I happy for suggestions. I can also go for ASUS, DELL but I will not buy refurbished

For that I asked. Will it handle 5-6 years of video editing and office work? Or if there is something other then this in this budget. Please 🥺 tell me.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I cannot speak to your market availability and so forth.

I don't think it is unrealistic to consider getting 5 or so years out of a laptop. If it is meeting specifications for the program being used the only real down side will be it taking longer to do some of the editing tasks.

Reactions: SUDEEP SARKER goku

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
I cannot speak to your market availability and so forth.

I don't think it is unrealistic to consider getting 5 or so years out of a laptop. If it is meeting specifications for the program being used the only real down side will be it taking longer to do some of the editing tasks.
i get it so what do you suggest, sir?

cyrusfox

Distinguished
As your location is not US, you will need to do more work to get a good deal on a laptop.

I would recommend you start looking at local options available (Facebook marketplace), Intel link, Ryzen link - Location I put in Dhaka with 40 mile radius, you should change to your location and appropriate radius. Deal locally with cash and beware of scammers, if the price is too good, skip it.

Strongly advise you consider Ryzen5 4000+ platform. Ryzen delivers better iGPU performance, as well as better multicore encoding throughput. Added benefit of majority of ryzen laptops have user upgradeable memory.

For online shopping websites I am not too familiar with what options are available for you, I came across Daraz and saw some options. Maybe there are others (Like in SE asia they have Lazada and shoppee, neither appear to ship to bangladesh that I can tell).

In closing, most advice from US sites and deals especially around US holiday season will not translate for you (especially with added customs). Focus on your own local direct sales (and consider used, that is were you will get most performance for dollar). Reconsider your base spec, do not overspend on a laptop, it will decrease in value the moment you purchase it, I would recommend aiming for 2/3 your current budget or less, stay away from junk, Ryzen 6 cores or higher, and intel 12th gen or newer (i3 is acceptable).

Last edited:
Reactions: SUDEEP SARKER goku

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
As your location is not US, you will need to do more work to get a good deal on a laptop.

I would recommend you start looking at local options available (Facebook marketplace), Intel link, Ryzen link - Location I put in Dhaka with 40 mile radius, you should change to your location and appropriate radius. Deal locally with cash and beware of scammers, if the price is too good, skip it.

Strongly advise you consider Ryzen5 4000+ platform. Ryzen delivers better iGPU performance, as well as better multicore encoding throughput. Added benefit of majority of ryzen laptops have user upgradeable memory.

For online shopping websites I am not too familiar with what options are available for you, I came across Daraz and saw some options. Maybe there are others (Like in SE asia they have Lazada and shoppee, neither appear to ship to bangladesh that I can tell).

In closing, most advice from US sites and deals especially around US holiday season will not translate for you (especially with added customs). Focus on your own local direct sales (and consider used, that is were you will get most performance for dollar). Reconsider your base spec, do not overspend on a laptop, it will decrease in value the moment you purchase it, I would recommend aiming for 2/3 your current budget or less, stay away from junk, Ryzen 6 cores or higher, and intel 12th gen or newer (i3 is acceptable).
After considering your suggetion i came to accross another laptop:

ASUS Vivobook Core i3 13th Gen 15.6" FHD Laptop is this good?

is it better then HP15s Core i5 12th Gen 15.6" HD Laptop? They are kind of similar price with HP on the higer end. but i want to know which would be better?

Asus has better DISPLAY and extra NVMe slot where HP has HD display but 512 NVMe with No slot.
what to take? i am really confued.

If i can muster up more money then i will take HP Victus 15-FA1093DX Intel Core i5-13420H
but if my budget can't take it i have to take between the above two. can you suggest me?

cyrusfox

Distinguished
Personally I would go for the cheaper laptop with better display, Asus. The tradeoffs are less CPU and GPU cores/EU (link comparison), also the Asus appears to only have one open ram slot (8GB onboard, 1 free sodim slot). Either computer appears to only have a single M.2 slot, so if you need more space I would plan on sourcing a cheap 1-2tb M.2 to replace the internal drive. Perhaps pick up a m.2 external caddy.

I would still recommend you consider Ryzen over these, especially this one (is preorder but for 48000 taka, comparable CPU performance, and More mature GPU drivers).

Good luck

TRENDING THREADS