Question Can you fast charge a phone via the Thunderbolt 3 port on a laptop?

Jul 27, 2019
Hi,

So i want to buy a laptop for college work and I am thinking of getting the Matebook x pro 2018 with i7 and MX150, however i would like to know if i can fast charge my phone through the built in Thunderbolt 3 port so that I can charge the laptop through the other usb-c port and only use one plug for charging and send data to the laptop from my phone, if that makes sense xD. If it is possible with Thunderbolt 3, is it also possible with standard type-c ports?

FYI - My phone is a Galaxy S8 but likely going to upgrade to a Note 10.

Thanks.

The port itself would have enough power to charge a phone as fast as a wall plug, if the phone would see it as a fast charger and work that way would be up to the phone and how it works. I would not worry about this feature when picking a system. It will charge the phone good enough to be usable in any case. It's like picking a girlfriend but only if her favorite color is orange. It's really a non-issue.

Jul 27, 2019
Yeah I understand what you mean, I was just wondering if the phone itself would recognise this and fast charge. If both the port and phone support power delivery, should it just supply the right amount of power?