[SOLVED] Can you spot anything wrong with this build?

Jul 6, 2020
Hello, I am going to be building a new PC soon, and the following is a list of all the parts. If there is anything that might be incompatible, please do tell me!

Intel Core i5-9600KF 3.7GHz 9M Cache
MSI Z390-A Pro (LGA 1151V2 Z390 DDR4 USB 3.1 SATA)
Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPC PC21000 2x4GB
Inno 3D GeForce RTX 2070 8GB DDR6
GAMEMAX PSU GP-450 80+ Bronze Certified
Cube Gaming Weiss V2.0 Black
Antec A30 92mm Blue LED CPU Cooler Dual Heatpipe

Thanks in advance!

Solution
CaptainFancypant,

The i5-10600K is 6 Cores 12 Threads (Hyper-Threading), which is essentially a refreshed variant of the i7-8700K that's also 6 Cores 12 Threads (Hyper-Threading).

The i5-9600K is 6 Cores 6 Threads (no Hyper-Threading).

"K" variants have an IGPU (Integrated Graphics Processor Unit) which can be used for streaming, or troubleshooting video problems, and will keep your rig up and running while you're waiting for a replacement graphics card.

"KF" variants do not have an IGPU, and as Gerald6049 pointed out, are less expensive. Also, some KF processors are known to overclock 100MHz higher than their K counterpart.

CT :sol:
Jul 6, 2020
Hello, I am going to be building a PC soon, but am conflicted as to whether I should get the KF version or the K version, as I will pair it with either a 2070 or a 2060 super. Does anyone know anything that the K have over the KF? Thanks in advance!

Jul 6, 2020
Hello, I will be building a PC soon and I am confused whether I should get the ZOTAC RTX 2060 Super or the Inno3D 2070. I've seen online that the 2070 is better than the 2060 Super, but in this case, the 2060 Super is 10$ more expensive than the 2070. Do the brands matter, or should I just stick to the 2070? Thanks in advance!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing. But if you're planning to go high refresh rate gaming 90fps + don't go for a 6 core. You'll only be met with disappointment realising how core challenged they are in a lot of games creating a scenario where v.high cpu usage has a negative affect on performance.

Suggestion and if budget allows, a 10600k is much better if you can help it.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
CaptainFancypant,

The i5-10600K is 6 Cores 12 Threads (Hyper-Threading), which is essentially a refreshed variant of the i7-8700K that's also 6 Cores 12 Threads (Hyper-Threading).

The i5-9600K is 6 Cores 6 Threads (no Hyper-Threading).

"K" variants have an IGPU (Integrated Graphics Processor Unit) which can be used for streaming, or troubleshooting video problems, and will keep your rig up and running while you're waiting for a replacement graphics card.

"KF" variants do not have an IGPU, and as Gerald6049 pointed out, are less expensive. Also, some KF processors are known to overclock 100MHz higher than their K counterpart.

CT :sol:

Solution
Jul 6, 2020
Hello, I am going to be building a PC soon, and I am choosing between the 2 motherboards. What does the Galax have over the MSI motherboard? I am considering the Galax motherboard since it is on discount from my PC store, however what kind of things does the MSI version have over the Galax? Thanks

The size of the psu has no impact on how much power you use. You will use the same amount of power with a 450w psu as you will with a 550w. The system only takes as much as it needs.

A high quality 450w would probably work ok but I’d get a high quality 550w for a safe margin. The important thing is not to cheap out and to get a high quality psu for a gaming pc.

ravenscout

Commendable
Nov 21, 2017
Agreeing with @sizzling, I would look up how much average power your specs would need in total (CPU, GPU, etc.) then get around 100W higher. You should be okay with 450 but, personally feel a bit better with 500-600.

You also don't have to worry about upgrading the PSU if you upgrade more parts later on.

lukasus201010

Prominent
Jan 28, 2019
In my opinion 8GB RAM is not enough for multi-screen multitasking or some sort of image computing you have to add another 8 sooner or later, also 450W PSU seems like a little low for 2020. you should consider larger PSU for future upgrades and system stability.
But all in all build is quite good

ravenscout

Commendable
Nov 21, 2017
Please lord, don't buy that psu. I would go with something from Corsair or EVGA. That processor is also just not great. Check out the Ryzen 5's and a b450-f gaming board. It's what I have and there's no complaints here.
Cryorig has some really great fans that look pretty neat if you wanna give those a check as well.

Jul 6, 2020
Hello, I am considering an RX 5700 for my latest build, but will it stand up to ultra-level gaming in 2020, and more importantly, how future-proof is it? In particular, I am talking about the PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 GDDR6 8GB version. Also, I heard that if I don't get a CPU with integrated graphics, I can't use OBS with a Radeon card. Is this true? Thanks in advance!

TRENDING THREADS