[SOLVED] Can you use a single 8 pin power cable with 2 6+2 connectors on a two 8 pin gtx 1070 ti?

cdoge88

Commendable
Sep 8, 2018
I have a gtx 1070 ti which I wish to plug into my PSU, and I have a single 8 pin power cable with 2 6+2 connectors on the end. Could I plug both 6+2 pin cables in and not have to use a second port on my psu, or do I have to use 2 separate cables entirely. I have another evga variant of the same card that only requires 1 8 pin connector, so I'm thinking that one cable with 2 connectors would work, but I don't want to under-volt it and damage it.

Solution
I have a gtx 1070 ti which I wish to plug into my PSU, and I have a single 8 pin power cable with 2 6+2 connectors on the end. Could I plug both 6+2 pin cables in and not have to use a second port on my psu, or do I have to use 2 separate cables entirely. I have another evga variant of the same card that only requires 1 8 pin connector, so I'm thinking that one cable with 2 connectors would work, but I don't want to under-volt it and damage it.
Yes should be no problem.
My Seasonic says 225 watts per cable.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Solution

cdoge88

Commendable
Sep 8, 2018
I have a 750w cooler master 80+ gold, do you think It would be the same case there, and does it say on the psu itself how many watts per cable?? Also, I'm using cables that didn't originally come with the psu, so I don't know if that would have an impact or not.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
There is always an advantage to using more cables because there will always be less voltage drop because there will always be less resistance because there is a larger cross section of conductor.

V=IR

R is less....so V is less.
And all that is going to = 0 difference.

The cables are designed to run that way. Your not really going to get voltage drop till you add extra cable and even then it would be not enough to even think about unless you just added a retarded amount.

Edit you don't think the PSU is going to be putting out a true 12 volts do you.