bostonkarl

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001
Ok, Imma reading reveiws and considering a purchase. The Cannon S600 looks pretty good for the $$s. Anyone have any comments about this printer?

I am a home user that will print out some pictures and home office b/w stuff. I had a Lexmark Z51 that died. The ink prices on that thing were terrible - so the Cannon looks good from that angle.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I have this printer but I use it mainly for printing images and photos because I use a laser printer for text. While it can't match my Xerox laser printer in text quality, it's photo and image quality is amazing.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

flywheel

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2001
are the photo images as good as they say? I was looking to buy an Epson or HP... maybe even Lexmark and then I read the Canon reviews and considering the price of ink that seems to be the way I'm leaning now.

<b>give me back my username! :mad: </b>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Yes, they are excellent on plain paper, but they don't truly approach photo quality 'til you use glossy paper.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor